OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » 3.10.0-693.11.6.vz7.40.4 Out of memory on one Server
Re: 3.10.0-693.11.6.vz7.40.4 Out of memory on one Server [message #53135 is a reply to message #53128] Wed, 17 January 2018 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ikbenut is currently offline  ikbenut
I did some more testing.

After reboot in older kernel de slub error seem te reapear, but less then with the latest kernel. So it does seem to be related with the update, i think that some other kernel setting are changed during the latest kernel install and are still active after booting a older kernel.
Before i did the kernel update everything was fine and no errors whatsoever. The scripts that are causing the errors are a quota tally script from DirectAdmin and an own made script to set ownership of files in the Home folders of users.

Also when i boot in the latest kernel i also get the same issue as martv describes. I can restart vps server but after about 15 minutes this does not work anymore and de vps is mounted as ploop device, but no vps start.
I thougt i let the server do his thing, but after 1 hour still nothing happend and the whole server hangs. Only a reboot helps!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message