OpenVZ Forum

Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: Support
 Topic: Add IP Range to VZ's Config
Add IP Range to VZ's Config [message #53182] Sat, 17 February 2018 18:01
Technopope is currently offline  Technopope

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to add a complete range(/24) to an OpenVZ based VPS, Except compiling a complete range manually differentiated by space and add it to the VZ's Config.

vzctl CTID -ipadd IP will add only one IP at once.
The configuration file also did not work with the range only.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
 Topic: I cannot create a virtual machine. Openvz 7
I cannot create a virtual machine. Openvz 7 [message #53177] Fri, 16 February 2018 18:11
dozornyj is currently offline  dozornyj
I'm trying to create a VM not in a virtual machine (physical server)

# cat /etc/virtuozzo-release
OpenVZ release 7.0.7 (288)

# prlctl create vm1 --distribution centos7 --vmtype vm
Creating the virtual machine...
Generate the VM configuration for centos7.
Failed to register the VM: PRL_ERR_VM_UNABLE_GET_GUEST_CPU
Failed to create the virtual machine. 
 Topic: The certificate for https://download.openvz.org/ is broken/expired
The certificate for https://download.openvz.org/ is broken/expired [message #53176] Fri, 16 February 2018 16:11
tinwood is currently offline  tinwood
Unfortunately, it looks like the certificate has either expired or something in the chain is wrong: Chrome says:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from download.openvz.org (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites. Privacy Policy
download.openvz.org normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to download.openvz.org this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be download.openvz.org, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit download.openvz.org right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.
Forum: Discussions
 Topic: Is OVZ 7 ready?
Is OVZ 7 ready? [message #53173] Thu, 15 February 2018 19:13
samiam123 is currently offline  samiam123
I need to set up a new server and I need to know if I should jump into OpenVZ 7 or stick with OpenVZ 6 for now.

Is anyone happily running OpenVZ 7 in production with moderate loads? Say maybe 20 containers. Not KVM VM's but containers.

Stability is important and OpenVZ 6 has been extremely stable for us. However, bug/security updates end in less than 2 years. Alternatives are KVM, which is not nearly as efficient on hardware, and LXD which does not appear ready yet. LXC is not suitable for hosting for security reasons, based on what I have read, so not even a consideration.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 February 2018 19:17]

Report message to a moderator

Current Time: Tue Feb 20 05:15:52 GMT 2018