OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Whats the Best VPS Control Panel???
icon5.gif  Whats the Best VPS Control Panel??? [message #38628] Fri, 08 January 2010 13:16 Go to next message
rickey318 is currently offline  rickey318

Hello OpenVZ Friends, I have just installed my first OpenVZ Server and Im looking for a great Control Panel to use with it thats easy to install. Im looking for the best free or the lowest price to does not have a vps create limit. Also, Im looking for one that will allow me to do the following:

Set bandwidth limits per vps
Set RAM Limit per vps
Set network speed per vps
Allow users to change OS without my help
Users able to Start/STOP/Reboot VPS
Users can manage more then one vps in account
Secure Control Panel and bug free.

I was looking at these two panels: SolusVM and HyperVM. But Im still want the help from the real OpenVZ users. Any helps works!! Very Happy
Re: Whats the Best VPS Control Panel??? [message #38963 is a reply to message #38628] Wed, 24 February 2010 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AXSOY is currently offline  AXSOY
hypervm Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2010 20:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Whats the Best VPS Control Panel??? [message #39915 is a reply to message #38628] Wed, 23 June 2010 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
victor is currently offline  victor
I am also using OpenVZ Server and it's quite good.

Re: Whats the Best VPS Control Panel??? [message #40095 is a reply to message #38628] Thu, 15 July 2010 22:33 Go to previous message
mustardman is currently offline  mustardman
I've used both and they both do pretty much what you want.

Even though HyperVM is free and not really supported anymore it's still better than any other control panel out there IMHO. Paid or free. It has a lot of features the other ones don't. And it works.

It does have the odd quirk but it is open sourced now so if you know a bit about php and lighttp you can pretty much deal with any problems that might come along. That is a huge plus for the do it yourselfer out there IMHO.

Solus probably has the most potential of the paid ones. It still cannot do a lot of things HyperVM does though.

I am using both right now. HyperVM for offsite and testing and Solus for Production. I am considering using HyperVM for some online production stuff. It's not too big a deal to use both without complicating things.

One thing to keep in mind is that these are just control panels that send command lines through a GUI. They are not really integrated with OpenVZ kernel even though they may run on the same server. So how stable the VPS's are is almost entirely a function of how stable OpenVZ is. So if OpenVZ is stable (which it very much is with the right kernel), any control panel you use will be stable.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2010 22:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Multiple subnet on multiple vlan problem
Next Topic: Embedded Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:05:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02511 seconds