OpenVZ Forum


Home » Mailing lists » Devel » OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report
OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26146] Wed, 16 January 2008 08:35 Go to next message
Pavel Emelianov is currently offline  Pavel Emelianov
Messages: 1149
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
Hi, guys.

We're coming up to the deadline of proposals submissions for
OLS2008 and I noticed, that we didn't decide whether we're
going to make some summary report about the namespaces/cgroups
development status.

I think it worth making this one.

Besides, we can send a request for a mini-summit.

Thanks,
Pavel
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26149 is a reply to message #26146] Wed, 16 January 2008 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balbir Singh is currently offline  Balbir Singh
Messages: 491
Registered: August 2006
Senior Member
* Pavel Emelyanov <xemul@openvz.org> [2008-01-16 11:35:11]:

> Hi, guys.
> 
> We're coming up to the deadline of proposals submissions for
> OLS2008 and I noticed, that we didn't decide whether we're
> going to make some summary report about the namespaces/cgroups
> development status.
> 
> I think it worth making this one.
> 
> Besides, we can send a request for a mini-summit.
> 
> Thanks,
> Pavel

Hi, Pavel,

Sounds like a good idea to me.

-- 
	Warm Regards,
	Balbir Singh
	Linux Technology Center
	IBM, ISTL
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26150 is a reply to message #26146] Wed, 16 January 2008 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Le Goater is currently offline  Cedric Le Goater
Messages: 443
Registered: February 2006
Senior Member
Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Hi, guys.
> 
> We're coming up to the deadline of proposals submissions for
> OLS2008 and I noticed, that we didn't decide whether we're
> going to make some summary report about the namespaces/cgroups
> development status.
> 
> I think it worth making this one.

OK. Let's work on an abstract.

> Besides, we can send a request for a mini-summit.

Yes !

C.
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26153 is a reply to message #26150] Wed, 16 January 2008 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel Emelianov is currently offline  Pavel Emelianov
Messages: 1149
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
Cedric Le Goater wrote:
> Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>> Hi, guys.
>>
>> We're coming up to the deadline of proposals submissions for
>> OLS2008 and I noticed, that we didn't decide whether we're
>> going to make some summary report about the namespaces/cgroups
>> development status.
>>
>> I think it worth making this one.
> 
> OK. Let's work on an abstract.

Fine :) Actually the main question is - who will be 
responsible for this talk. If nobody objects I can 
take care of it ;)

>> Besides, we can send a request for a mini-summit.
> 
> Yes !

:)

> C.
> 

Thanks,
Pavel
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26171 is a reply to message #26153] Wed, 16 January 2008 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
den is currently offline  den
Messages: 494
Registered: December 2005
Senior Member
By the way, may be it is better to request a BOF rather than mini-summit
to have a presentation of our work for a "outside" world...

Regards,
	Den

Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Cedric Le Goater wrote:
>> Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>>> Hi, guys.
>>>
>>> We're coming up to the deadline of proposals submissions for
>>> OLS2008 and I noticed, that we didn't decide whether we're
>>> going to make some summary report about the namespaces/cgroups
>>> development status.
>>>
>>> I think it worth making this one.
>> OK. Let's work on an abstract.
> 
> Fine :) Actually the main question is - who will be 
> responsible for this talk. If nobody objects I can 
> take care of it ;)
> 
>>> Besides, we can send a request for a mini-summit.
>> Yes !
> 
> :)
> 
>> C.
>>
> 
> Thanks,
> Pavel
> 

_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26181 is a reply to message #26171] Wed, 16 January 2008 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir
Messages: 1645
Registered: August 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Senior Member

Guess we can have both. BOF format is a bit different (not too much 
time, more people), so better to have mini-summit first.

BTW does anybody knows whether the Kernel Summit will be "attached" to 
OLS this year?

Denis V. Lunev wrote:
> By the way, may be it is better to request a BOF rather than mini-summit
> to have a presentation of our work for a "outside" world...
>
> Regards,
> 	Den
>
> Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>   
>> Cedric Le Goater wrote:
>>     
>>> Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>>>       
>>>> Hi, guys.
>>>>
>>>> We're coming up to the deadline of proposals submissions for
>>>> OLS2008 and I noticed, that we didn't decide whether we're
>>>> going to make some summary report about the namespaces/cgroups
>>>> development status.
>>>>
>>>> I think it worth making this one.
>>>>         
>>> OK. Let's work on an abstract.
>>>       
>> Fine :) Actually the main question is - who will be 
>> responsible for this talk. If nobody objects I can 
>> take care of it ;)
>>
>>     
>>>> Besides, we can send a request for a mini-summit.
>>>>         
>>> Yes !
>>>       
>> :)
>>
>>     
>>> C.
>>>
>>>       
>> Thanks,
>> Pavel
>>
>>     
>
>   

_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26182 is a reply to message #26181] Wed, 16 January 2008 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Le Goater is currently offline  Cedric Le Goater
Messages: 443
Registered: February 2006
Senior Member
Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Guess we can have both. BOF format is a bit different (not too much
> time, more people), so better to have mini-summit first.

Yes. I agree. 

C.
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26183 is a reply to message #26181] Wed, 16 January 2008 16:40 Go to previous message
Balbir Singh is currently offline  Balbir Singh
Messages: 491
Registered: August 2006
Senior Member
* Kir Kolyshkin <kir@openvz.org> [2008-01-16 19:08:55]:

> Guess we can have both. BOF format is a bit different (not too much time, 
> more people), so better to have mini-summit first.
>

Yes, and OLS has explicitly asked for proposals to mini-summits

> BTW does anybody knows whether the Kernel Summit will be "attached" to OLS 
> this year?
>

I thought it was going to be held in Portland this year.

-- 
	Warm Regards,
	Balbir Singh
	Linux Technology Center
	IBM, ISTL
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Re: OLS2008 "namespaces status update" report [message #26184 is a reply to message #26171] Wed, 16 January 2008 14:53 Go to previous message
serue is currently offline  serue
Messages: 750
Registered: February 2006
Senior Member
Quoting Denis V. Lunev (den@sw.ru):
> By the way, may be it is better to request a BOF rather than mini-summit
> to have a presentation of our work for a "outside" world...

Or both.  All three.  BOF for sort of a containers install-fest/tutorial,
paper for a more formal how it's implemented, and finally a mini-summit
for future planning.

> Regards,
> 	Den
> 
> Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> > Cedric Le Goater wrote:
> >> Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> >>> Hi, guys.
> >>>
> >>> We're coming up to the deadline of proposals submissions for
> >>> OLS2008 and I noticed, that we didn't decide whether we're
> >>> going to make some summary report about the namespaces/cgroups
> >>> development status.
> >>>
> >>> I think it worth making this one.
> >> OK. Let's work on an abstract.
> > 
> > Fine :) Actually the main question is - who will be 
> > responsible for this talk. If nobody objects I can 
> > take care of it ;)
> > 
> >>> Besides, we can send a request for a mini-summit.
> >> Yes !
> > 
> > :)
> > 
> >> C.
> >>
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > Pavel
> > 
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
Containers@lists.linux-foundation.org
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers
Previous Topic: Re: LTP result output for container-init
Next Topic: Re: LTP result output for container-init
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jun 15 11:29:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03796 seconds