OpenVZ Forum


Home » Mailing lists » Users » vzdump to restore to a specific location
vzdump to restore to a specific location [message #23746] Sun, 25 November 2007 02:22 Go to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Messages: 91
Registered: August 2006
Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
Member
From: openvz.org
Hi All...

Is it possible to use vzdump --restore in such a way that the files are 
placed back in a particular location?  I tried --dumpdir but that made no 
difference.  VZDump keeps putting the files into a location different than 
where they came from.

I realize I could restore and then move the files, but I am trying to 
automate this.

Thanks...
AW: vzdump to restore to a specific location [message #23764 is a reply to message #23746] Mon, 26 November 2007 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dietmar Maurer is currently offline  Dietmar Maurer
Messages: 52
Registered: March 2007
Member
From: openvz.org
vzdump currently uses the valuse from the global config (/etc/vz/vz.conf).

I will add this feature request to my todo list.

- Dietmar 

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: users-bounces@openvz.org 
> [mailto:users-bounces@openvz.org] Im Auftrag von Jim Archer
> Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. November 2007 03:22
> An: users@openvz.org
> Betreff: [Users] vzdump to restore to a specific location
> 
> Hi All...
> 
> Is it possible to use vzdump --restore in such a way that the 
> files are placed back in a particular location?  I tried 
> --dumpdir but that made no difference.  VZDump keeps putting 
> the files into a location different than where they came from.
> 
> I realize I could restore and then move the files, but I am 
> trying to automate this.
> 
> Thanks...
>
Re: AW: vzdump to restore to a specific location [message #24423 is a reply to message #23764] Wed, 05 December 2007 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Messages: 91
Registered: August 2006
Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
Member
From: openvz.org
Thanks Dietmar...

I changed the path for the DUMPDIR line in the global conf file, but when I 
ran vzdump it still used the old value.  Is there something I have to 
reload to get the new value to take?



--On Monday, November 26, 2007 10:08 AM +0100 Dietmar Maurer 
<dietmar@maurer-it.com> wrote:

> vzdump currently uses the valuse from the global config (/etc/vz/vz.conf).
>
> I will add this feature request to my todo list.
>
> - Dietmar
>
>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>> Von: users-bounces@openvz.org
>> [mailto:users-bounces@openvz.org] Im Auftrag von Jim Archer
>> Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. November 2007 03:22
>> An: users@openvz.org
>> Betreff: [Users] vzdump to restore to a specific location
>>
>> Hi All...
>>
>> Is it possible to use vzdump --restore in such a way that the
>> files are placed back in a particular location?  I tried
>> --dumpdir but that made no difference.  VZDump keeps putting
>> the files into a location different than where they came from.
>>
>> I realize I could restore and then move the files, but I am
>> trying to automate this.
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
AW: AW: vzdump to restore to a specific location [message #24427 is a reply to message #24423] Wed, 05 December 2007 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dietmar Maurer is currently offline  Dietmar Maurer
Messages: 52
Registered: March 2007
Member
From: openvz.org
> I changed the path for the DUMPDIR line in the global conf 
> file, but when I ran vzdump it still used the old value.  Is 
> there something I have to reload to get the new value to take?

You need to change the values of VE_PRIVATE and VE_ROOT.

- Dietmar
Re: AW: AW: vzdump to restore to a specific location [message #24437 is a reply to message #24427] Wed, 05 December 2007 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Messages: 91
Registered: August 2006
Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
Member
From: openvz.org
I'm sorry Dietmar, I changed the subject on you.  What I meant was, I 
changed the value of DUMPDIR and dumper a VPS, and the backup was created 
on the old location.


--On Wednesday, December 05, 2007 7:29 AM +0100 Dietmar Maurer 
<dietmar@maurer-it.com> wrote:

>> I changed the path for the DUMPDIR line in the global conf
>> file, but when I ran vzdump it still used the old value.  Is
>> there something I have to reload to get the new value to take?
>
> You need to change the values of VE_PRIVATE and VE_ROOT.
>
> - Dietmar
>
>
AW: AW: AW: vzdump to restore to a specific location [message #24439 is a reply to message #24437] Wed, 05 December 2007 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dietmar Maurer is currently offline  Dietmar Maurer
Messages: 52
Registered: March 2007
Member
From: openvz.org
> I'm sorry Dietmar, I changed the subject on you.  What I 
> meant was, I changed the value of DUMPDIR and dumper a VPS, 
> and the backup was created on the old location.

try using option --dumpdir instead - does that work?

Please can you send me your vz.conf file (use PM).

- Dietmar
Re: AW: AW: AW: vzdump to restore to a specific location [message #24613 is a reply to message #24439] Thu, 06 December 2007 19:47 Go to previous message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Messages: 91
Registered: August 2006
Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
Member
From: openvz.org
Yes, that worked.  I'll send my file along, thank you!


--On Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:25 AM +0100 Dietmar Maurer 
<dietmar@maurer-it.com> wrote:

>> I'm sorry Dietmar, I changed the subject on you.  What I
>> meant was, I changed the value of DUMPDIR and dumper a VPS,
>> and the backup was created on the old location.
>
> try using option --dumpdir instead - does that work?
>
> Please can you send me your vz.conf file (use PM).
>
> - Dietmar
>
>
Previous Topic: Ballpark resource requirement for debian apt-get
Next Topic: Suggestion for VZDUMP
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Sep 19 08:17:16 GMT 2019