OpenVZ Forum


Home » Mailing lists » Users » bash segfaulting on 2.6.18
bash segfaulting on 2.6.18 [message #10768] Wed, 28 February 2007 14:10 Go to next message
Enrico Weigelt is currently offline  Enrico Weigelt
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2006
Member
Hi folks,

I'm currently trying both kernels (2.6.9- and 2.6.18-based).
With some tweaking they both compile cleanly, but on 2.6.18
the login shell crashes w/ segfault.

Its neither possible to attach via vzctl enter nor ssh'ing
is - the connection terminates immediately. Runing some
commands (also an shell) via vzctl exec works.

On 2.6.9 I don't have this problem.


Kernel bug ?


cu
--
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------
Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------
Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
http://patches.metux.de/
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------
Re: bash segfaulting on 2.6.18 [message #10770 is a reply to message #10768] Wed, 28 February 2007 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Messages: 1345
Registered: January 2006
Senior Member
This is known problem, you've compiled OVZ kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT.
The bug is already fixed, look at:
http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=465

Vasily.

Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently trying both kernels (2.6.9- and 2.6.18-based).
> With some tweaking they both compile cleanly, but on 2.6.18
> the login shell crashes w/ segfault.
>
> Its neither possible to attach via vzctl enter nor ssh'ing
> is - the connection terminates immediately. Runing some
> commands (also an shell) via vzctl exec works.
>
> On 2.6.9 I don't have this problem.
>
>
> Kernel bug ?
>
>
> cu
>
Re: bash segfaulting on 2.6.18 [message #10860 is a reply to message #10770] Tue, 06 March 2007 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enrico Weigelt is currently offline  Enrico Weigelt
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2006
Member
* Vasily Tarasov <vtaras@openvz.org> wrote:
> This is known problem, you've compiled OVZ kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT.
> The bug is already fixed, look at:
> http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=465

Ok, that fixed the problem.
I've added this to the wiki.


cu
--
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------
Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------
Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
http://patches.metux.de/
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------
Re: bash segfaulting on 2.6.18 [message #10885 is a reply to message #10860] Tue, 06 March 2007 11:55 Go to previous message
kir is currently offline  kir
Messages: 1645
Registered: August 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Senior Member

Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * Vasily Tarasov <vtaras@openvz.org> wrote:
>
>> This is known problem, you've compiled OVZ kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT.
>> The bug is already fixed, look at:
>> http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=465
>>
>
> Ok, that fixed the problem.
> I've added this to the wiki.
To me that makes little sense because we have already released a fixed
kernel (028test018).
Previous Topic: [Devel] 2.6.18-ovz028test015 and 2.6.18-ovz028test018 break IPv6
Next Topic: How does the clock work in OpenVZ?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Jan 27 04:45:29 GMT 2023

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00786 seconds