OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » control panel question
control panel question [message #9444] Wed, 03 January 2007 13:47 Go to next message
blueice is currently offline  blueice
Hi,
i am interest to find a panel for openvz.
I want my customers can reboot or power down and up the virtual servers. (and if it is possible to have more options).
I want also web interface for this.
I have make a search in the forum and i have find some panels, but most of then is not working links.
the only working link is from http://homaly.dunanet.hu/wvz/
Do you know any other panels who still continue the development?
Also the most of the members what control panel use? (if you use a panel).
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
Re: control panel question [message #9467 is a reply to message #9444] Thu, 04 January 2007 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
computrguru is currently offline  computrguru
Take a look at HyperVM at http://lxlabs.com/software/hypervm/ . I am using it in both a test and production environment.

The control panel is well supported and therm is an active community that is willing to answer any questions.

Jody (computrguru)
TCS Hosting
Quality, Affordable Hosting!
Reseller and Shared Hosting
Re: control panel question [message #9469 is a reply to message #9467] Thu, 04 January 2007 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blueice is currently offline  blueice
computrguru wrote on Thu, 04 January 2007 15:23

Take a look at HyperVM at http://lxlabs.com/software/hypervm/ . I am using it in both a test and production environment.

The control panel is well supported and therm is an active community that is willing to answer any questions.

Hi,
thanks for the answer.
My problem is that i use debian and this panel is not compatible with debian Sad

Re: control panel question [message #9470 is a reply to message #9444] Thu, 04 January 2007 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pleae take a look at http://forum.lxlabs.com/index.php?t=msg&th=776&start =0&S=09a6ab60a6ffb717093e079a79c1926c.

I learned Linux on Debian and switched to CentOS because I found that the popular control panels will not run on Debian.

Keep an eye on HyperVM as the developers are very responsive to suggestions.

I hope this helps.

Jody (computrguru)
TCS Hosting
Re: control panel question [message #9662 is a reply to message #9444] Tue, 16 January 2007 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
artur is currently offline  artur
Why buy this product if you can pay slightly more for a full blown Virtuozzo license?
Re: control panel question [message #9663 is a reply to message #9662] Tue, 16 January 2007 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, here is the list.

1) HyperVM will also work as a control panel for Xen as well as OpenVZ.
2) HyperVM will allow you to move VPS's between OpenVZ and Xen in real time, leaving all of the network connections in place.

3) HyperVM will be supporting Windows on Xen. this will allow for Linux AND Windows VPS to be on the SAME node.

There are many more reasons I have for recommending HyperVm as a control panel. And yes, I have used Virtuozzo also.

I hope this helps you undersatnd my recommendation.

Jody (computrguru)
TCS Hosting
Re: control panel question [message #9673 is a reply to message #9663] Tue, 16 January 2007 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So then it's a Xen product and openvz is just a side project.

I don't know, it seems like a nice product, but honestly as soon as VPS is going to justify itself as a product line, we're going with Virtuozzo.
Re: control panel question [message #9677 is a reply to message #9673] Tue, 16 January 2007 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
artur wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 08:26

I don't know, it seems like a nice product, but honestly as soon as VPS is going to justify itself as a product line, we're going with Virtuozzo.

Nope. It covers both equally. Xen support was added after OpenVZ support. it's actually a project that is looking at how to allow the most flexibility.

I just find it odd that if you talk toVirtuozzo, they have no clue HyperVM exists. It's kind like the history between Kmart and Wal-Mart. I am expecting that history to repeat it's self. Very Happy

Please PM me a link to your site. I'd like to see it, if you don't mind.

Jody (computrguru)
TCS Hosting
Re: control panel question [message #9678 is a reply to message #9677] Tue, 16 January 2007 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
computrguru wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 15:47

artur wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 08:26

Nope. It covers both equally. Xen support was added after OpenVZ support. it's actually a project that is looking at how to allow the most flexibility.

I just find it odd that if you talk toVirtuozzo, they have no clue HyperVM exists. It's kind like the history between Kmart and Wal-Mart. I am expecting that history to repeat it's self. Very Happy

Please PM me a link to your site. I'd like to see it, if you don't mind.

Hi Jody,

The problem is that the openvz project is the virtuozzo engine without all the power tools. So of course they don't know HyperVM when you talk with them. They developed an enterprise quality product and sell it at a premium.

I think the major problem with HyperVM is that it costs relatively a lot of money. For it to take off, it should be much much cheaper or free.

Take the OpenVZ/Virtuozzo model for example. A free product to build industry hype and spread the word and a commercial product if you want to unlock all the features.

Please understand, I'm not saying that HVM is a bad product, it's fantastic, but it may be up against a brick wall when it comes to marketing it.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 January 2007 21:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: control panel question [message #9679 is a reply to message #9678] Tue, 16 January 2007 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well fo me that is a tough call.
HyperVM runs about $1 per VPS per month. See http://lxlabs.com/store/ for more details. The also offer a fully functional 2 VPS, 2 server license for free.

Virtuozzo has no prices posted as far as I can see. You need to contact a sales rep to get a trial license or any kind of price. See http://www.swsoft.com/en/market/#virtuozzo for more details.

When you take a look at both products, both are a GUI for what you could do via command line with OpenVZ. Simple as that.

What this all comes down to is personal choice. I just felt that I should mention that another choice is out there. When looking at software, it is best to run a possible choice thru all possible situations and then make a decision.

Thank you for voicing your ideas and observations. My hope is that his thread will help others when deciding on a VPS control panel.

Jody (computrguru)
TCS Hosting
Re: control panel question [message #9680 is a reply to message #9679] Tue, 16 January 2007 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm totally with you on helping out the little guy but I've also seen the demo for both products and the presentation from Virtuozzo people and all i can say is that HVM is very nice but Virtuozzo is AMAZING.

the HVM people can't compete with VZ on it's own ground, they need to innovate the product in a way that VZ is not doing.
Re: control panel question [message #9681 is a reply to message #9444] Tue, 16 January 2007 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a feeling that is in the works. I have heard that LXlabs is working on a version of LXadmin that will run on a VPS that is running with 128MB of memory. I am also thinking HyperVM is right behind it.

I also know that both products currently have clustering capabilities. I have experimented with installing HyperVM and LXadmin on a VPS as the mater installs and controlled an OpenVZ and Xen node set up as slaves.

Thank you again for the discussion.

Jody (computrguru)
TCS Hosting
Re: control panel question [message #10365 is a reply to message #9673] Fri, 16 February 2007 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mastersherin is currently offline  mastersherin

openvz is Os virtualization product but xen is paravirtulization

Sherinmon A,

Re: control panel question [message #10613 is a reply to message #9662] Sat, 24 February 2007 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimL is currently offline  JimL
Are there no open source, freely available control panels? The webmin interface is a good start but has a long way to go and there doesn't seem to be any progress on it since its release.

I saw another mice looking application that showed promise, however the author said he was freezing it because there were better alternatives. I can't find any reasonable alternatives.

Any suggestions before I go write my own?

Thanks,
Jim.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 February 2007 11:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: control panel question [message #10615 is a reply to message #10613] Sat, 24 February 2007 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimL is currently offline  JimL
Never mind, I found the topic in the wiki. Embarassed

Jim.
Re: control panel question [message #25971 is a reply to message #9444] Sun, 13 January 2008 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mastersherin is currently offline  mastersherin

Bobcares, the leading Web Hosting Technology Service provider launched GPL Licensed openvz VPS Control Panel named VTONF.

During the product Launch on 10th January 2008, vtonf Control Panel was dedicated to the Free Software Community by Dr. Richard M Stallman, world-renowned activist and the founder of the free software movement.

Project Home page : http://www.vtonf.com/

Download URL : http://www.vtonf.com/downloads.html
Community : http://www.vtonf.com/forum/
Re: control panel question [message #26537 is a reply to message #25971] Sun, 27 January 2008 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
broquea is currently offline  broquea
mastersherin wrote on Sat, 12 January 2008 19:45

Bobcares, the leading Web Hosting Technology Service provider launched GPL Licensed openvz VPS Control Panel named VTONF.

During the product Launch on 10th January 2008, vtonf Control Panel was dedicated to the Free Software Community by Dr. Richard M Stallman, world-renowned activist and the founder of the free software movement.

Project Home page : http://www.vtonf.com/

Download URL : http://www.vtonf.com/downloads.html
Community : http://www.vtonf.com/forum/

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you for mentioning it!
Re: control panel question [message #40021 is a reply to message #25971] Thu, 08 July 2010 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merlinclancy is currently offline  Merlinclancy
When I log in with https I get a certificate mismatch warning. Is it okay to ignore this and log in?

Network Consulting Services
Re: control panel question [message #41098 is a reply to message #9444] Tue, 16 November 2010 18:39 Go to previous message
steeleweb is currently offline  steeleweb
I currently use Parallels Virtuozzo Servers, as well as their VDI containers. i love them I could never have this many servers on one node with VMware.

I am currently trying to test and deploy OpneVZ as I am familiar with some of the items with it. Also I like the fact that it is free.

I like both of the GUI's that I have seen and was going to try the later but looks like I may try hypervm it looks alot more like what i am using now. I do know that there are like 5 or so other web interfaces in use for openvz.

Previous Topic: Should I switch to KVM with Centos 6?
Next Topic: i can't ping vps from the host.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:44:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02344 seconds