OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ Maximum Virtual Servers Capacity (How To Increase OpenVZ Maximum Virtual Servers Capacity)
OpenVZ Maximum Virtual Servers Capacity [message #53609] Fri, 03 January 2020 14:49 Go to next message
mandrivian is currently offline  mandrivian

Hello,

I found that my vps host got limited to maximum 25 virtual servers on solusvm resource report, with 24 existing container.
My server spec is :
- Dual Intel Xeon E5620 12 Core (24 Thread totally)
- 128GB Memory with 25GB free
- 6TB Hard Disk space with 2,7TB free
- average cpu load 47% at peak hour

I think this server should be able to accommodate at least 30 containers, what should i do to increase the maximum virtual server capaticity.?

I wish i could attach a screenshot, i have tried to uploading a 36KB jpg file and it always rejected

Thank You

Re: OpenVZ Maximum Virtual Servers Capacity [message #53612 is a reply to message #53609] Wed, 08 January 2020 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vaverin is currently offline  vaverin
Dear mandrivian,
frankly specking I do not know why solusvm resource reports about some limits,
OpenVz core per se does not have such limits, it allows to run hundreds and even thousands OS containers per host.

Thank you,
Vasily Averin
Re: OpenVZ Maximum Virtual Servers Capacity [message #53613 is a reply to message #53609] Wed, 08 January 2020 15:01 Go to previous message
wsap is currently offline  wsap
This is just a limit in SolusVM. Login to your master control panel and go to the Nodes menu option. Click the pencil icon beside the node with the limit, then scroll down until you see "Max VPS" and configure that as you see fit.

The node configuration UI is a bit weird in SolusVM as there's two different configuration screens for each node. Rather than clicking on the pencil icon, if you click on the name of the node, then choose the "Settings" button, you get a different set of settings and for some reason there's no way to access the *other* configuration page when on the managenode page. One is called nodesettings, and the other is node editing.
Previous Topic: Ploop not compacting
Next Topic: [OpenVZ 7] Container Templates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:05:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02433 seconds