OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Is ploop stable/Any progress on quotas for simfs
Is ploop stable/Any progress on quotas for simfs [message #53588] Tue, 15 October 2019 23:12 Go to next message
seanfulton is currently offline  seanfulton
When ploop first came out we used it from lost many, many containers to corrupt ploop filesystems. We went back to simfs. Now looking at upgrading some nodes to OpenVZ 7 and it looks like ploop is the only way to get quotas for containers.

So for those who have upgraded, how stable is it?

Is there any progress on first-level quotas for SIMFS???
Re: Is ploop stable/Any progress on quotas for simfs [message #53590 is a reply to message #53588] Wed, 23 October 2019 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ccto is currently offline  ccto
We have servers running with both OpenVZ 6, OpenVZ 7. Gradually migrating to OpenVZ 7 platform

We use ploop, snapshot (for backup), compact. ploop is OK.
We do not receive report about loss of files.

simfs inside OpenVZ 7 does not support 2nd level quota.
If guest is CentOS 5, ploop does not support 2nd level quota too in OpenVZ 7 host.
Re: Is ploop stable/Any progress on quotas for simfs [message #53591 is a reply to message #53590] Wed, 23 October 2019 19:41 Go to previous message
seanfulton is currently offline  seanfulton
This is very helpful, thank you. I have not been able to get SIMFS containers to have a container quota, I thought that was a first-level quota. It says it's supported, but when I create a VE in SIMFS and enter it, df shows the whole filesystem, not just the little slice (like it used to in OpenVZ 6). Is that normal?
Previous Topic: How to disable libvirtd
Next Topic: Bug reports should go to bugs.openvz.org
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 14 18:55:23 GMT 2019