OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OVZ7 Hyper-converged Storage Solution
OVZ7 Hyper-converged Storage Solution [message #53236] Thu, 19 July 2018 04:45 Go to next message
TomvB is currently offline  TomvB
Hi All,

What is the best (free/opensource) hyperconverged storage solution for OVZ7 (containers)?
For my test environment, I want to distribute the storage over 5 servers with 5 x 1Gbit.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2018 04:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OVZ7 Hyper-converged Storage Solution [message #53270 is a reply to message #53236] Thu, 02 August 2018 14:20 Go to previous message
paulocoghi is currently offline  paulocoghi
I made an extensive research trying to find a suitable open source solution, like infinit.sh, ceph, glusterfs, lizardfs, XtreemFS, BeeGFS, and many many others, but Virtuozzo Storage was the best option at the end because of erasure coding.

For me, the main problem in open alternatives was to only offer replication mode, and my costs with storage would be higher with then. Although Virtuozzo Storage is a paid solution, in the end I spend less because the additional space needed to ensure high availability is smaller.

Note: I'm not a Virtuozzo employee, just a happy customer.
Previous Topic: OpenVZ VPS Ubuntu 16.04 Container Fails to Reboot/Restart at SSH Commandline
Next Topic: OpenVZ Container(centos7) cannot access internet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 20 20:16:04 GMT 2018