OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Installation over KVM/IP & Software RAID
icon10.gif  Installation over KVM/IP & Software RAID [message #52915] Sat, 12 August 2017 01:20 Go to next message
krazybob is currently offline  krazybob
I am not finding the answers in the installation guide and for some reason when I try to post in Support it loops back to the login screen.

At any rate, I've not been able to install Virtuozzo via KVM/IP. Something freaky happens with the monitor. Can I install OpenVZ via KVM/IP? My KVM is an Avocent that uses a Javascript screen, but I don't know what my new vendor has.

I also can't find where is says one way or another whether or not I can use software RAID. I want software RAID and to use the SSD drive for the cache. Since I've never installed OpenVZ I can't advise the staff at the hand-on co-lo. I'll switch to an LSI 8706 hardware RAID card if necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Installation over KVM/IP & Software RAID [message #52927 is a reply to message #52915] Sat, 19 August 2017 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elizabethshipp is currently offline  elizabethshipp
krazybob wrote on Sat, 12 August 2017 01:20
I am not finding the answers in the installation guide and for some reason when I try to post in Support it loops back to the login screen.

At any rate, I've not been able to install Virtuozzo via KVM/IP. Something freaky happens with the monitor. Can I install OpenVZ via KVM/IP? My KVM is an Avocent that uses a Javascript screen, but I don't know what my new vendor has.

I also can't find where is says one way or another whether or not I can use software RAID. I want software RAID and to use the SSD drive for the cache. Since I've never installed OpenVZ I can't advise the staff at the hand-on co-lo. I'll switch to an LSI 8706 hardware RAID card if necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am using libvirtd and qemu-kvm on Centos then install Windows on top. Is your method more efficient than this approach?
Re: Installation over KVM/IP & Software RAID [message #52930 is a reply to message #52927] Fri, 25 August 2017 07:24 Go to previous message
krazybob is currently offline  krazybob
I am running Linux. I don't find clear instructions on how to create a CentOS OS template that I may create a container with. When trying to install over a KVM it looks for the video driver and gets it wrong. Since OpenVZ isn't on their Kickstart Server I'm screwed if I mess it up. I'd like something more than the very, very limited one sentence or two instructions. I'm not running Windows. I'm getting the feeling that OpenVBZ is for developers to help Virtuozzo and end-users are SOL. It didn't used to be that way. There were clear instructions on creating an OS template.
Previous Topic: Precreated Templates
Next Topic: Reconfiguring network from scratch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:55:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02658 seconds