OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » /proc/driver/nvidia/params content required inside container for CUDA (Need more files being replicated inside the /proc file system)
/proc/driver/nvidia/params content required inside container for CUDA [message #52675] Mon, 05 December 2016 21:52
abufrejoval is currently offline  abufrejoval
I've installed the patched kernel which makes /proc/modules available inside the container.
Now the CUDA runtime executes a couple more steps and fails later on an ioctl() to /dev/nvidiactl.
It attempts to read /proc/driver/nvidia/params just before which fails for lack of the /proc/driver hierarchy in the container.
Potentially information contained inside this file is required to execute the ioctl() properly, perhaps the issue sits deeper, I won't know until the kernel is changed to replicate the required files.

I cannot bind mount a host copy of /proc/driver inside the container because I cannot create target directories in the /proc tree and overlay file system support is missing from the VZ7 userland tools, even if the kernel seems to support it.

I've appended comments on JIRA issue OVZ-6834 with strace details but had no response yet.

Sorry to exercise all channels here...
Previous Topic: Can I migrate an existing CentOS 5 container from OpenVZ 6 host to VZ7 host?
Next Topic: Network / shared storage support on VZ7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:34:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02381 seconds