OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » vzkernel-debuginfo-2.6.32-042stab116.2
vzkernel-debuginfo-2.6.32-042stab116.2 [message #52633] Thu, 17 November 2016 11:52 Go to next message
tmegzari is currently offline  tmegzari
Hello,

I looked for debuginfo packages (debuginfo and debuginfo-common) for kernel 2.6.32-042stab116.2.x86_64 and I can't find them on any mirror.

Is it possible to have them from somewhere else ? or the only solution is to build them from kernel sources ?

Thank you
Re: vzkernel-debuginfo-2.6.32-042stab116.2 [message #52640 is a reply to message #52633] Fri, 18 November 2016 08:57 Go to previous message
tmegzari is currently offline  tmegzari
Finally, I managed to build the 2 RPMs from kernel sources.
This can be considered a trivial task by someone used to generate RPMS.

These are the steps I followed, this can be useful if someone have the question as me :

- Download the kernel sources matching the version of the wanted debuginfo packages : (the vzkernel-{version}.src.rpm package using wget for example).
- rpm -ivh vzkernel-{version}.src.rpm : this will create a rpmbuild/ folder under your home folder with extracted sources.
- Install rpmbuild : yum install rpm-build redhat-rpm-config
- Installing some dependencies for rpmbuild : yum groupinstall "Development Tools" ; yum install ncurses-devel hmaccalc zlib-devel binutils-devel elfutils-libelf-devel (see https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel). I was also asked by rpmbuild to install this dependencies : xmlto asciidoc elfutils-devel newt-devel python-devel audit-libs-devel , and this perl module ExtUtils::Embed (using yum install "perl(ExtUtils::Embed)" or "cpan ExtUtils::Embed" if cpan is installed). This list can change depending on the sources you are rebuilding (but rpmbuild will prompt a list of the needed dependencies).
- cd ~/rpmbuild and rpmbuild -ba SPECS/kernel.spec --with baseonly --with debuginfo --without debug (you can adjust with and without option depending on what you want, check again the custom kernel wiki from centos).
- The build took me near 90 minutes (if the gpg key generation is taking long run in a separate shell rngd -r /dev/urandom after installing rng-tools, this action has no security issues as long as you are not interested to sign the generated RPMS).
- Finally the rpms are created under the folder RPMS and I installed them with yum successfully.
Previous Topic: Mounting host directory inside container
Next Topic: Registring bug at bugs.openvz.org
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:37:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02425 seconds