OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ7 can't snapshot/suspend a cPanel VE
OpenVZ7 can't snapshot/suspend a cPanel VE [message #52602] Fri, 28 October 2016 13:23 Go to next message
jfall is currently offline  jfall
I recently deployed a couple of new OVZ7 hostnodes, we are looking to transition from older OVZ to OVZ7. We have many cPanel servers on older OVZ hostnodes. To test OVZ7 I moved a cPanel server from old to new using the ovztransfer.sh script as per the documentation. The move seemed to go ok and the server worked, however I found that after it was moved I could not snapshot the container or perform any operation that requires the server to be snapped/checkpointed.

I figured this was a one off problem and more than likely related to a botched move using the ovztransfer.sh script. So instead I decided to build an entirely new VE on the OVZ7 hostnode. A brand new Centos7 install with a new fresh install of the latest version of cPanel. After I had that VE up and running I migrated cPanel users from source server to new target server using typical cPanel migration (transfer tools). After the user data was migrated I attempted to snapshot/suspend the new container and it is again failing. So now I know for sure the problem is not related to a botched move or anything specifically regarding the ovztransfer.sh script.

The fact that I cannot reliably snapshot/checkpoint a cPanel container under OVZ7 pretty much puts me at a stand still in terms of using OVZ7 in a production environment.

Here are some relevant details:

Hostnode: Virtuozzo Linux release 7.2 / Linux 3.10.0-327.36.1.vz7.18.7

VE: CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core) - Running a brand new install of the latest version of cPanel with about ~600 active users recently migrated to it using cPanel transfer tool / ~250GB of data.

# prlctl snapshot 1035
Creating the snapshot...
PRL_ERR_VZCTL_OPERATION_FAILED (Details: Failed to checkpoint the Container
All dump files and logs were saved to /vz/private/1035/dump/{ce2b2c58-00ac-4e2f-b4da-e0a0dc594ff4}.fail
Failed tp dump the Container, status pipe unexpectedly closed
Failed to dump Container
Failed to resume Container
Failed to create snapshot
)
Failed to create the snapshot: Unknown

What I think is the relevant info from the dump.log file

(04.143824) Error (criu/sk-inet.c:158): In-flight connection (l) for 924d83
(04.143831) Error (criu/sk-inet.c:160): In-flight connections can be ignored with the --skip-in-flight option.
(04.143868) Error (criu/cr-dump.c:1322): Dump files (pid: 256864) failed with -1
(04.168423) Error (criu/cr-dump.c:1634): Dumping FAILED.

I've also attached the full dump.log file as well.
Re: OpenVZ7 can't snapshot/suspend a cPanel VE [message #52603 is a reply to message #52602] Fri, 28 October 2016 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Are you sure this is related to cPanel? Can you chkpoint a non-cPanel container on OVZ7?

Have you filed a bug report?

I can tell you there was a bug in a recent OpenVZ Legacy kernel update that broke restore after reboot but they got that fixed after it was reported. Chances are it is just a bug that needs to be fixed once they know it is there.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Re: OpenVZ7 can't snapshot/suspend a cPanel VE [message #52604 is a reply to message #52603] Fri, 28 October 2016 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jfall is currently offline  jfall
No, not 100% sure it's related to cPanel. I do have another cPanel VM on the same hostnode that I can snapshot. Where is the recommended place to submit a bug report?
Re: OpenVZ7 can't snapshot/suspend a cPanel VE [message #52605 is a reply to message #52604] Fri, 28 October 2016 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Submit bug reports to https://bugs.openvz.org

They have been fixing OpenVZ Legacy kernel bugs fairly quickly after reports come in so good luck with yours.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Re: OpenVZ7 can't snapshot/suspend a cPanel VE [message #52606 is a reply to message #52605] Sat, 29 October 2016 09:09 Go to previous message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Hi,

thank you for reporting this here and in the jira:
https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-6824.

Let's investigate and track the status of this issue in that bug.
Hope the issue is simple and can be fixed soon. Smile

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...
Previous Topic: Virtuozzo 7 - no support for pre-installed Linux distributions anymore?
Next Topic: CT can'ts communicate beetwen them
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:53:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02371 seconds