OpenVZ Forum


Home » Mailing lists » Users » vzquota uses too much(?) time
vzquota uses too much(?) time [message #48671] Mon, 29 October 2012 13:07 Go to next message
Christer Solskogen is currently offline  Christer Solskogen
Messages: 2
Registered: October 2012
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
When creating a guest/vps/container vzquota uses too much time on my
system. About 30 seconds to turn it off(?) - Is that normal?
When I comment out the disk quota stuff from the config file, it will
just take about 3-4 seconds to create a container.


2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Looking for
/vz/template/cache/centos-6-x86_64.tar
2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Looking for
/vz/template/cache/centos-6-x86_64.tar.gz
2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
stat 101 -f
2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
drop 101
2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
init 101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i 9223372036854775807 -I
9223372036854775807 -p /vz/private/101.tmp -e 0 -n 0 -s 0
2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota on
101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i 9223372036854775807 -I
9223372036854775807 -e 0 -n 0 -s 0
Creating container private area (centos-6-x86_64)
2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Creating container private
area (centos-6-x86_64)
2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running:
/usr/libexec/vzctl/scripts/vps-create
2012-10-29T14:05:52+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota off 101
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
setlimit 101 -p /vz/private/101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i
9223372036854775807 -I 9223372036854775807 -e 0 -n 0
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /bin/rm -rf
/vz/private/101.tmp
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
show 101
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota on
101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i 9223372036854775807 -I
9223372036854775807 -e 0 -n 0 -s 0
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Mounting root: /vz/root/101
/vz/private/101
Performing postcreate actions
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Performing postcreate actions
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running:
/etc/vz/dists/scripts/postcreate.sh
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
stat 101 -f
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota off 101
CT configuration saved to /etc/vz/conf/101.conf
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : CT configuration saved to
/etc/vz/conf/101.conf
Container private area was created
2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Container private area was created
Re: vzquota uses too much(?) time [message #48678 is a reply to message #48671] Tue, 30 October 2012 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Vagin is currently offline  Andrew Vagin
Messages: 28
Registered: November 2011
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 05:07:01PM +0400, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> When creating a guest/vps/container vzquota uses too much time on my
> system. About 30 seconds to turn it off(?) - Is that normal?
> When I comment out the disk quota stuff from the config file, it will
> just take about 3-4 seconds to create a container.
>
>
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Looking for
> /vz/template/cache/centos-6-x86_64.tar
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Looking for
> /vz/template/cache/centos-6-x86_64.tar.gz
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
> stat 101 -f
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
> drop 101
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
> init 101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i 9223372036854775807 -I
> 9223372036854775807 -p /vz/private/101.tmp -e 0 -n 0 -s 0
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota on
> 101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i 9223372036854775807 -I
> 9223372036854775807 -e 0 -n 0 -s 0
> Creating container private area (centos-6-x86_64)
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Creating container private
> area (centos-6-x86_64)
> 2012-10-29T14:05:49+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running:
> /usr/libexec/vzctl/scripts/vps-create
> 2012-10-29T14:05:52+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota off 101

I think vzquata are syncing data to disk during this time. In this case
it's normal.

You could test this thing, if you calls sync several times during creating.

Thanks.

> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
> setlimit 101 -p /vz/private/101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i
> 9223372036854775807 -I 9223372036854775807 -e 0 -n 0
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /bin/rm -rf
> /vz/private/101.tmp
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
> show 101
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota on
> 101 -b 41943040 -B 47185920 -i 9223372036854775807 -I
> 9223372036854775807 -e 0 -n 0 -s 0
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Mounting root: /vz/root/101
> /vz/private/101
> Performing postcreate actions
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Performing postcreate actions
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running:
> /etc/vz/dists/scripts/postcreate.sh
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota
> stat 101 -f
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Running: /usr/sbin/vzquota off 101
> CT configuration saved to /etc/vz/conf/101.conf
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : CT configuration saved to
> /etc/vz/conf/101.conf
> Container private area was created
> 2012-10-29T14:06:26+0100 vzctl : CT 101 : Container private area was created
>
>
Re: vzquota uses too much(?) time [message #48684 is a reply to message #48678] Tue, 30 October 2012 18:56 Go to previous message
Christer Solskogen is currently offline  Christer Solskogen
Messages: 2
Registered: October 2012
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
On 30/10/12 10:44 AM, Andrew Vagin wrote:
>
> I think vzquata are syncing data to disk during this time. In this case
> it's normal.
>
> You could test this thing, if you calls sync several times during creating.
>


I can? How?

--
chs
Previous Topic: libcgroup issue for EL5 users
Next Topic: OpenWRT OpenVZ containers
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 19 08:28:31 GMT 2017