OpenVZ Forum

Home » Mailing lists » Users » (no subject)
(no subject) [message #48618] Thu, 25 October 2012 09:45
Birgit Berger is currently offline  Birgit Berger
On 24/10/12 21:20, Birgit Berger (UV Wien) wrote:
I need to use samba and ldap. I have one hardware NIC, one server. What is the best way to do this? What should go into a VE, what on the host node?

I know I need veth instead of venet when I use samba to make broadcasts work. But what about ldap? Does this run fine in a venet environment? Is it possible to set up one VE with venet and the other with veth? e.g. samba VE with veth and ladp VE with venet or would there be problems?

Do I need a bridge?

At the moment I have shorewall on the host system. Do I need to install it also on VEs that use veth?

Recommendations on general setup and considerations about security are highly appreciated :-)

pls note: DNS is on another server, static IPs are used, so no need for a DHCP server.

Kind regards,
Birgit

=========================

David Brown wrote:
If you don't need broadcasts, then you can use venet and route traffic to the openvz server. It means windows clients won't see the server by browsing the network (or using "net view"), but they can get access by typing "\\server" (assuming you have DNS set up to point "server" at the openvz server, and have all the routing and firewalling in place).

That's not really an option because I want to make it as user friendly as possible so I want to have network browsing. More important is that I want to join work stations to the domain from the workstation and without using WINS. Working DNS is not sufficient for that. (DNS is working though) Are there other recommendations for this setup?

KR, birgit
Previous Topic: samba and openvz
Next Topic: Proxmox VE 2.2 released, including a new OpenVZ console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:28:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03192 seconds