OpenVZ Forum


Home » Mailing lists » Users » reboot in CT still does not work
reboot in CT still does not work [message #48268] Wed, 10 October 2012 13:46 Go to next message
Benjamin Henrion is currently offline  Benjamin Henrion
Messages: 51
Registered: February 2011
Member
From: *parallels.com
Hi,

Does anybody who has the command reboot working inside a CT can post his config?

I have been trying ALLOWREBOOT="yes" parameter, the CT does not come back.

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762
"In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
democratically elected legislators."
Re: reboot in CT still does not work [message #48271 is a reply to message #48268] Wed, 10 October 2012 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir
Messages: 1645
Registered: August 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Senior Member

From: *parallels.com
On 10/10/2012 05:46 PM, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody who has the command reboot working inside a CT can post his config?

It is working for me, and I don't have any bug reports stating otherwise
(except for one, see below).

Since your report is a bit low on details, let's check it step by step
together.

1. If you have Fedora 17 inside your CT, this is a known issue, see bug
#2336
http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2336

2. Since vzctl version 3.0.25, released in December 2010, reboot is
implemented via
vzeventd daemon and a relevant kernel event mechanism. So, make sure that
- kernel 028stab069.5 or later is used
- vzeventd is running, and check its log (it writes to
/var/log/vzctl.log with vzeventd prefix)


3. If needed, you can run vzeventd in foreground with more verbose logging.
See vzeventd(8) for more details.

Let me know if I can help you more.

>
> I have been trying ALLOWREBOOT="yes" parameter, the CT does not come back.

I am not sure where have you took the parameter from. OpenVZ doesn't
know anything about it.


Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: reboot in CT still does not work [message #48272 is a reply to message #48271] Wed, 10 October 2012 15:46 Go to previous message
Benjamin Henrion is currently offline  Benjamin Henrion
Messages: 51
Registered: February 2011
Member
From: *parallels.com
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Kir Kolyshkin <kir@openvz.org> wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 05:46 PM, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody who has the command reboot working inside a CT can post his
>> config?
>
>
> It is working for me, and I don't have any bug reports stating otherwise
> (except for one, see below).
>
> Since your report is a bit low on details, let's check it step by step
> together.
>
> 1. If you have Fedora 17 inside your CT, this is a known issue, see bug
> #2336
> http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2336
>
> 2. Since vzctl version 3.0.25, released in December 2010, reboot is
> implemented via
> vzeventd daemon and a relevant kernel event mechanism. So, make sure that
> - kernel 028stab069.5 or later is used
> - vzeventd is running, and check its log (it writes to /var/log/vzctl.log
> with vzeventd prefix)
>
>
> 3. If needed, you can run vzeventd in foreground with more verbose logging.
> See vzeventd(8) for more details.

This daemon was not running, so it works perfectly now!

Thanks again, maybe that would be worth to have it documented on the wiki.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762
"In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
democratically elected legislators."
Previous Topic: weird filesystem corruption issues
Next Topic: OOM killed process, altough there is enough memory
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 19 21:57:55 GMT 2017