OpenVZ Forum


Home » Mailing lists » Users » Problem install openvz in fedora 17
Problem install openvz in fedora 17 [message #46683] Mon, 04 June 2012 14:12 Go to next message
maykel535 is currently offline  maykel535
Messages: 8
Registered: April 2012
Location: Madrid
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
Hi!! I like openvz, it's incredible the performance and it's fast.

I try install the openvz in fedora 17, but I get this error:

[root@maykel yum.repos.d]# yum install vzkernel.x86_64
Complementos cargados:langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Resolving dependencies:
--> Eject test transaction:
---> Paquete vzkernel.x86_64 0:2.6.32-042stab055.12 may installed
--> Process dependencies: /sbin/mkinitrd para el paquete:
vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab055.12.x86_64
--> Process dependencies: /sbin/mkinitrd para el paquete:
vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab055.12.x86_64
--> Process dependencies: systemd-44-12.fc17.x86_64 choca con kernel <
2.6.35.2-9.fc14
--> Process dependencies finished
Error: systemd conflicts with vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab055.12.x86_64
Error: Package: vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab055.12.x86_64 (openvz-kernel-rhel6)
Need: /sbin/mkinitrd
Maybe try the command --skip-broken for solved the problem
Maybe try eject the commandr: rpm- Va --nofiles --nodigest

Sorry for my english, but the distribution is spanish.

I try this:

yum --skip-broken install vzkernel.x86_64

And...I get the same error...

Can I install the openvz in fedora 17?

Thanks in advanced.
Re: Problem install openvz in fedora 17 [message #46684 is a reply to message #46683] Mon, 04 June 2012 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Messages: 261
Registered: December 2005
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Senior Member
From: *coe.montana.edu
Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Hi!! I like openvz, it's incredible the performance and it's fast.
>
> I try install the openvz in fedora 17, but I get this error:

I'm a Fedora fan myself... on the desktop... but not on servers... because Fedora simply is not supported long enough - 13 months. The properties of Fedora make it a bad choice for servers unless of course you have a requirement for a bleeding edge setup (like for development or something).

I don't think that Fedora 17 can currently be run as a container either but that is likely to change in the not too distant future.

That isn't a solution but it solves the problem without requiring a solution. :)

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street
Belgrade, MT 59714
(406)388-0827 [home]
(406)994-3931 [work]


--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Re: Problem install openvz in fedora 17 [message #46701 is a reply to message #46684] Tue, 05 June 2012 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maykel535 is currently offline  maykel535
Messages: 8
Registered: April 2012
Location: Madrid
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-and-using-openvz-on-fed ora-15

.....mmmmm


El 04/06/12 17:00, Scott Dowdle escribió:
> I'm a Fedora fan myself... on the desktop... but not on servers... because Fedora simply is not supported long enough - 13 months. The properties of Fedora make it a bad choice for servers unless of course you have a requirement for a bleeding edge setup (like for development or something).
>
> I don't think that Fedora 17 can currently be run as a container either but that is likely to change in the not too distant future.
>
> That isn't a solution but it solves the problem without requiring a solution.
Re: Problem install openvz in fedora 17 [message #46703 is a reply to message #46701] Tue, 05 June 2012 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LightDot is currently offline  LightDot
Messages: 8
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
So..? Fedora 15 and Fedora 17 are two completely different beasts.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Maykel Franco <maykel@maykel.sytes.net> wrote:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-and-using-openvz-on-fed ora-15
>
> .....mmmmm
>
>
> El 04/06/12 17:00, Scott Dowdle escribió:
>
> I'm a Fedora fan myself... on the desktop... but not on servers... because
> Fedora simply is not supported long enough - 13 months. The properties of
> Fedora make it a bad choice for servers unless of course you have a
> requirement for a bleeding edge setup (like for development or something).
>
> I don't think that Fedora 17 can currently be run as a container either but
> that is likely to change in the not too distant future.
>
> That isn't a solution but it solves the problem without requiring a
> solution.
>
>
>
Re: Problem install openvz in fedora 17 [message #46704 is a reply to message #46703] Tue, 05 June 2012 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maykel535 is currently offline  maykel535
Messages: 8
Registered: April 2012
Location: Madrid
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
In 3 months, probably openvz install in fedora. If install in fedora 15,
in the futuro install on fedora 17.

Thanks.

El 05/06/12 10:51, LightDot escribió:
> So..? Fedora 15 and Fedora 17 are two completely different beasts.
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Maykel Franco<maykel@maykel.sytes.net> wrote:
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-and-using-openvz-on-fed ora-15
>>
>> .....mmmmm
>>
>>
>> El 04/06/12 17:00, Scott Dowdle escribió:
>>
>> I'm a Fedora fan myself... on the desktop... but not on servers... because
>> Fedora simply is not supported long enough - 13 months. The properties of
>> Fedora make it a bad choice for servers unless of course you have a
>> requirement for a bleeding edge setup (like for development or something).
>>
>> I don't think that Fedora 17 can currently be run as a container either but
>> that is likely to change in the not too distant future.
>>
>> That isn't a solution but it solves the problem without requiring a
>> solution.
>>
>>
>>
Re: Problem install openvz in fedora 17 [message #46719 is a reply to message #46704] Tue, 05 June 2012 15:04 Go to previous message
LightDot is currently offline  LightDot
Messages: 8
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
Fedora 15 support ends in three weeks, on 26th. I wouldn't use it for
anything meaningful any more.

What are your assumptions about three months based on? Don't get me
wrong, I'd like you to be right, because openvz support for Fedora 17
hosts would simplify some of the devel work we do on our workstations.
I just don't see it coming.

Regards


On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Maykel Franco <maykel@maykel.sytes.net> wrote:
> In 3 months, probably openvz install in fedora. If install in fedora 15, in
> the futuro install on fedora 17.
>
> Thanks.
>
> El 05/06/12 10:51, LightDot escribió:
>
>> So..? Fedora 15 and Fedora 17 are two completely different beasts.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Maykel Franco<maykel@maykel.sytes.net>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-and-using-openvz-on-fed ora-15
>>>
>>> .....mmmmm
>>>
>>>
>>> El 04/06/12 17:00, Scott Dowdle escribió:
>>>
>>> I'm a Fedora fan myself... on the desktop... but not on servers...
>>> because
>>> Fedora simply is not supported long enough - 13 months.  The properties
>>> of
>>> Fedora make it a bad choice for servers unless of course you have a
>>> requirement for a bleeding edge setup (like for development or
>>> something).
>>>
>>> I don't think that Fedora 17 can currently be run as a container either
>>> but
>>> that is likely to change in the not too distant future.
>>>
>>> That isn't a solution but it solves the problem without requiring a
>>> solution.
>>>
>>>
>>>
Previous Topic: Re:: Inode Limits not setting correctly
Next Topic: disk use/empty files question
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 22 10:23:50 GMT 2018