OpenVZ Forum


Home » Mailing lists » Users » openvz container migration
openvz container migration [message #44685] Thu, 22 December 2011 03:04 Go to next message
Tommy is currently offline  Tommy
Messages: 9
Registered: November 2011
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
hi all
I'm doing sth on openvz migration and want to skip the sync time

I put the container's private area on the share storge which both the
src node and the des node can access.
then I modify the vzmigrate script simply.
I skip the sync part, umount the private of the container on src node,
mount it on des node.
But it sometimes works and sometimes cause INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR!

Does anyone have some cue or suggestion?]

3x
--

Yours Sincerely!
Re: openvz container migration [message #45089 is a reply to message #44685] Tue, 27 December 2011 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Vagin is currently offline  Andrew Vagin
Messages: 28
Registered: November 2011
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
On 12/22/2011 07:04 AM, Tommy wrote:
> hi all
> I'm doing sth on openvz migration and want to skip the sync time
>
> I put the container's private area on the share storge which both the
> src node and the des node can access.
> then I modify the vzmigrate script simply.
> I skip the sync part, umount the private of the container on src node,
> mount it on des node.
> But it sometimes works and sometimes cause INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR!
Who returns INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR? Could you show commands with their output?
Which file system do you use?
Do you use vzquota, is it disabled after umount?

vzctl does lazy umount and it may be the problem.
>
> Does anyone have some cue or suggestion?]
>
> 3x
> --
>
> Yours Sincerely!
>
>
>
>
sit interface support [message #45100 is a reply to message #45089] Sun, 29 January 2012 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Querubin is currently offline  Antonio Querubin
Messages: 4
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
From: *parallels.com
Are sit tunnel interfaces supported in containers? I want to virtualize a
tunnel server but the sit interface isn't created. The standard network
startup script complains:

Bringing up interface sit1: ioctl: No such device

The host and container are both SL 6.1.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-sit1 looks like:

DEVICE=sit1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6TUNNELIPV4=x.x.x.x
IPV6TUNNELIPV4LOCAL=y.y.y.y
IPV6ADDR=zzzz:zzzz:zzzz:zzzz::z/126

like it does on a real host where sit interfaces work. What am I missing?


Antonio Querubin
e-mail: tony@lavanauts.org
xmpp: antonioquerubin@gmail.com
Re: sit interface support [message #45101 is a reply to message #45100] Sun, 29 January 2012 01:48 Go to previous message
efball is currently offline  efball
Messages: 41
Registered: September 2006
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Member
From: *parallels.com
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 02:55:39PM -1000, Antonio Querubin wrote:
> Are sit tunnel interfaces supported in containers? I want to
> virtualize a tunnel server but the sit interface isn't created.
> The standard network startup script complains:
>
> Bringing up interface sit1: ioctl: No such device
>
> The host and container are both SL 6.1.

You need "tb-tun"
http://code.google.com/p/tb-tun/
http://code.google.com/p/tb-tun/wiki/HOWTO

I'm using it with a he.net 6to4 IPv6 tunnel.

I put this in /etc/rc.local:

setsid /usr/local/sbin/tb_userspace tb 66.220.18.42 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx sit > /dev/null &
ifconfig tb up
ifconfig tb inet6 add 2001:470:x:xxx::2/64
ifconfig tb mtu 1480
route -A inet6 add ::/0 dev tb
ip -6 addr add 2001:470:x:xxx::xxx6 dev tb
ip -6 addr add 2001:470:x:xxx::xxx3 dev tb

I'm using Debian, but SL shouldn't be much different.

--

Frank Ball efball@efball.com


E Frank Ball efball@efball.com
Previous Topic: Change the size of /tmp in openvz?
Next Topic: OpenVZ patch for Debian Squeeze?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jan 18 14:12:54 GMT 2018