OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ 7, option "bootorder" seems to have no effect when starting/stopping CT
OpenVZ 7, option "bootorder" seems to have no effect when starting/stopping CT [message #53744] Sat, 08 May 2021 00:34 Go to next message
devnull is currently offline  devnull
Hello!

is the option "bootorder" still in use with OVZ7?

=> vzctl set 101 --bootorder 99 --save

I need some CT to start (and stop) in a specific order but, at the moment, OpenVZ 7 seems to not respect it.

prlctl has no option to set order priority to CT when hardware node starts or is shut down.

Any hint appreciated! Smile

Re: OpenVZ 7, option "bootorder" seems to have no effect when starting/stopping CT [message #53745 is a reply to message #53744] Mon, 10 May 2021 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dmc_dtc is currently offline  dmc_dtc
I dont know if this option is supported in VZ7, maybe one of the official members can reply, in the meantime i can offer you a workaround, that is to first create rc.local for your system, set ONBOOT="no" for every guest in vz.conf of every guest and then perhaps just make them start one by one in etc/rc.d/rc.local by putting

/usr/sbin/vzctl start 100
/usr/sbin/vzctl start 101
/usr/sbin/vzctl start 98

or something

Of course maybe there is official way to honour priority so perhaps anyone else can reply..

>> dmc / dtc <<
Re: OpenVZ 7, option "bootorder" seems to have no effect when starting/stopping CT [message #53749 is a reply to message #53745] Thu, 27 May 2021 00:47 Go to previous message
devnull is currently offline  devnull
Hello!

Many thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay.

I have created a custom Bash script to start containers in the correct order.

But, because I cannot reboot the host just to test it, I will wait until it is really needed.

There are two steps to check:

1) iptables is locked while service firewalld (and/or iptables) are starting

=> I have disabled firewalled and removed saved rules for iptables service

2) vzlist -a and/or prlctl list -a can be "unstable" for a while (while booting)

=> it seems that IP adresses of containers are not available immediately (not atomic)

So, the "home-made" firewall script waits until all IP addresses (venet) are available and it launchs the custom script that starts containers.

If everything goes fine, I will post the code.

Have a great day!
Previous Topic: logrotate duplicates for vz-event
Next Topic: pcompact errors during nightly cron
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:32:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02363 seconds