OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Creating Centos 7.3 template
Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52917] Tue, 15 August 2017 23:11 Go to next message
askarova91 is currently offline  askarova91
I am new to this. I have tried reading the online manual and find it very brief. It my hope that someone help me understand. I use to use virtuozzo but it too expensive now. I need create containers like virtuozzo but manual not very clear on step by step. I downloaded a legacy Centos 7 minimal but I don't know what version it is. I want install Plesky. How I install template so I make containers from it? Can you tell me who one and then do two and then three and like that?
Re: Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52918 is a reply to message #52917] Wed, 16 August 2017 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krazybob is currently offline  krazybob
I have the same problem. I just don't know how to create a container and I'm looking at just purchasing Virtuozzo - which I think is partly why no answers. Sad Crying or Very Sad
Re: Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52919 is a reply to message #52917] Thu, 17 August 2017 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this volunteer but no help?
Re: Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52920 is a reply to message #52919] Thu, 17 August 2017 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Just start using OpenVZ 7 and continue manage templates and create Containers based on them like you did it previously on Virtuozzo 6. Smile

http://docs.virtuozzo.com/virtuozzo_7_users_guide/advanced-t asks/creating-customized-containers.html#using-customized-ez -templates
This will work the very same on OpenVZ 7 as well.

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...
Re: Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52921 is a reply to message #52917] Thu, 17 August 2017 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never use virtuozzo 6 so this does not help me. Reading this it tell me to download centos~7-x86_64-ez. Is that where I supposed to start? When I click your link that's where it went. I think I should just buy virtuozzo at this point. Instructions very unclear. It is a lot to ask but I had hoped for do 1, 2, 3, 4... I not sure where I supposed to start reading. Sorry but my English not make it help. This very frustrating.
Re: Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52922 is a reply to message #52920] Thu, 17 August 2017 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't feel alone. I don't get it either. The last version of Virtuozzo I used was version 4 and when you installed it it automatically created a CentOS template. From there you just typed vzctl create CTID. I do remember the earlier days of having to put together the template but these instructions are difficult for me to follow as well. Where do I start reading? As I recall on openvz there were templates to download and directly install but I might be mistaken. I called Virtuozzo yesterday with the intention of just ordering it and paying monthly. At least it comes with some kind of support. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate open source and volunteer help. It's just not the same as having someone sitting next to you showing you okay not do this up to you I'll do this. For me the problem is that my datacenter pre-installed the bare metal version and if I make a mistake I can't just erase and reinstall. I love plunking around but the datacenter does not have this on their Kickstart server.
Re: Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52926 is a reply to message #52917] Fri, 18 August 2017 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$$$ WILL PAY FOR PRIVATE TUTORIAL $$$

I sincerely hope that this does not violate the terms of service of this site. I checked and I couldn't find anything.

I'm a quick learner but when I go to the section on containers that you direct me to it's not quite getting me to where I need to be. I've actually been a programmer for quite some time and there's just one piece or maybe two that are missing. I've already leased a new dedicated server and openvz is not in the Kickstart server. I don't have the ability to experiment and possibly screw something up and completely hose it.

I am willing to pay $50 offline for someone to give me step by step instructions in English that properly explains how to create a centerOS 7.3 64-bit container.

1. Do this
2. Do this
3. Do this...

PayPal same day upon delivery.

Will consider for remote support in the future.

As I recall in virtuozzo version 3 one downloaded the template, put it in /vz/templates/, cached it and then vzctl create CTID. Back then they were still called VE's. Then there was version 4. It had easy templates. Once you had installed it the easy templated already been created and whenever you would enter the hardware node it would remind you one screen how to create it. I didn't really need that but it was there.

I have come across so many help pages on this topic I don't know which one is for version 7. I'm not stupid either. I just don't have time and I need to get my business files loaded and custom code published. I prefer to put everything in a container and that way if something hangs all I have to do is restart the container. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the hard drive and power supply.

If the terms of service or aup don't allow this please just destroy this post.

Re: Creating Centos 7.3 template [message #52929 is a reply to message #52917] Sat, 19 August 2017 21:09 Go to previous message
I guess no takers. Sad
Previous Topic: Openvz 7 Mount Script not working?
Next Topic: Slow reading speed of ploops
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:36:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02391 seconds