OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y && CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y (Hard coded in menuconfig, why?)
icon5.gif  CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y && CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y [message #43004] Wed, 29 June 2011 14:12 Go to previous message
yettyn is currently offline  yettyn
Hi!

I just upgraded to openvz-2.6.32.1 and when configurating the kernel with 'make menuconfig' I notice both
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
and
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y

to be hard coded, well well.

I then move on to update my version of udev and although it goes well and all so far seems to be ok, it leave me with this (worrying) message:
Quote:
* Messages for package sys-fs/udev-171-r1:

* CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED: should not be set. But it is.
* CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2: should not be set. But it is.
* Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
* Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.

Obviously I'm concerned and in question here, am I OK and can simply overlook this or may it be that this hard code of Config has it's root inherit something unwanted from older kernel config (I ran # make oldconfig on the old .config) and I should simply correct this manually - or what's the story behind this?

I searched both forum and user/dev list without finding anything making it clearer to me.

EDIT: By "hard coded" I mean the option cannot be switched On/Off in menuconfig and shows up as -*- in the selections column.

Kernel 2.6.32-125.3
vzctl 4.9.4
Gentoo Linux x64

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2011 19:22]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Please help, Node won't reboot