OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* NFS problems
*SOLVED* NFS problems [message #5124] Mon, 14 August 2006 06:51 Go to previous message
commy is currently offline  commy
Hi!

Sorry, that the topic is not more specific, but I have in fact two problems regarding NFS-space provided by a VE.

I have an OpenVZ Kernel (2.6.8-022.077) running under Gentoo with a number of VEs under Debian.

The first problem is, that I obviously can not export directories within the VE. I use the nfs-user-server (as the kernel-server seems not to work in a VE) and when I am exporting a directory based within the VE, I always get a "permission denied" error, when trying to mount that directory from a client.

The interesting part is, when mounting a directory with --bind on the HN into the VE, I am able to export that directory without any problems.

The second problem is, that I would like to use the exported directories for backup purposes. So I have made a crypted disk-image which is mounted into the VE and exported via NFS there. Then I use Apple Backup to upload the information onto the NFS-space, but Backup fails at 2 GB (I am unable to specify that in detail). There is enough diskspace available on the image. Apple Backup gives an Mac OS error -36, which corresponds to the message "I/O error (bummers)". As I have done that before on a not virtualized system, the client-side should be OK.

Does anyone have any idea about that problems?

Greetings,

Matthias

[Updated on: Tue, 26 September 2006 08:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: problem intsalling ovzkernel-2.6.8-022stab078.14.i686.rpm