OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » IPv6 auto-configuration issue with virtual Ethernet (Mixing IPv4 and IPv6 containers)
IPv6 auto-configuration issue with virtual Ethernet [message #41222] Wed, 15 December 2010 05:40 Go to previous message
lars.bailey is currently offline  lars.bailey
I thought I would share an issue that I ran across,in using auto-config IPv6 virtual Ethernet containers,alongside IPv4 virtual Ethernet containers.
In this scenario,the IPv4 containers will pull an auto-configured IPv6 address.(this issue will arise whether you
bridge a container or not)
The obvious part of my remarks,and the "issue" at hand,is in router advertisements.
Depending on what your end result is to be,this may not be a bad thing.(dual homed hosts)
It does not make much sense,segregating router advertisements on a per interface level.
You want to segregate the IPv4 virtual Ethernet containers,from the auto-configured IPv6 virtual Ethernet containers.
To do that,you are going to have to perform this one simple task,on any IPv4 virtual Ethernet containers,that you do not want to be dual-homed.
Edit the IPv4 container's "sysctl.conf" file,and add;

net.ipv6.conf.eth0.accept_ra = 0

Restart the container's networking,and examine the container's IPv6 routing.
The only routable IPv6 address shown,will be the container' link-local.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ipvsadm issue for opensuse vps in debian proxmox host
Next Topic: UBC excel sheet ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 31 08:19:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04373 seconds