OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » quagga on openvz _HELP (how to install quagga on openvz VEs)
quagga on openvz _HELP [message #39031] Thu, 04 March 2010 20:05 Go to previous message
nia.bug is currently offline  nia.bug
Hi there!

I have a task to test SNMP on Quagga routers using OpenVZ.
So i first made three OpenVZ servers, 101, 102 and 103, make a bridges among each two, br12, br23, br31..and I can ping each interface.

Now I want to make from those containers quagga routers, on which i need to run zebra, ospf and snmp.

Well first what I did, i got into the folder of 102 (for example), paste a copy of quagga-0.98.6.tar.gz...tar xzvf it inside. get into the folder of quagga, compiled it with:

[root@localhost 102]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc --localstatedir=/usr/local/etc
[root@localhost 102]# ./configure --enable-snmp
[root@localhost 102]# make
[root@localhost 102]# make install

i did the same for the rest two.
i ran after
#zebra -d
#ospfd -d

but i dont understand how to configure interfaces..actually what ia had noticed is that all changes are in global mode.
how can i then configure each of quagga routers?

the other logic i tried is to enter to each container and try form there to compile the quagga file, ([root@R2 /]# ) but then it says that i dont have gcc, if i try to install gcc it says i dont have cpp, if i tried then to install cpp, it showa message that cpp is incompatible..

i dont know what to do!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Your web hosting provider?
Next Topic: Quagga in VE,Part Deux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 07:25:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02815 seconds