OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Kernel Panic with 028stab064.4 ? (Anyone seeing this?)
Kernel Panic with 028stab064.4 ? [message #37138] Fri, 21 August 2009 06:38 Go to previous message
subigo is currently offline  subigo
Hey guys,

Here's my problem...

Basically, we have a node running on CentOS 5.3 64-bit and it has been solid forever. And then 2-3 days ago we upgraded the kernel from 028stab062.3 to 028stab064.4.

About 24-48 hours after the upgrade, the node crashed. The datacenter rebooted it and we checked the logs... nothing. So exactly 24 hours after the first crash, it happened again. I asked the datacenter to give me all of the information they had and I was told:

"Looks like a kernel panic related to a crond process, something about __posix_lock_file_conf".

A few hours later, it crashed again.

The problem is I just can't pinpoint where this is coming from. There are no oops messages, no conflicts, nothing starting right before the crash, nothing. There's simply nothing being logged when this happens.

Anyway, I know this is a long-shot, but has anyone ever experienced a problem related to "posix_lock_file_conf"? I've done the obvious and reverted to the old kernel for now, which so far has remained stable.

The node is a quad-core with 8GB ram and normally runs at about 0.10 to 0.40 with around 6GB of ram actually used.

So yeah, has anyone had any issues with this latest kernel?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: howto compile kernel with some special features ? [SOLVED]
Next Topic: VLAN IP routing issue in containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:34:29 GMT 2024