OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » arpsend problems
arpsend problems [message #33865] Mon, 17 November 2008 13:56 Go to previous message
pege is currently offline  pege
Hello,

I have a cluster of 3 hardware nodes, each with their sets of VEs. On HW2-node I have a VE (call it VE2-1) that should have a specific, public IP address. When tinkering with some VPN issues (VPN from VE2-1 trough HW1 to the recipient), somehow the HW1-node took over the IP and now I can't get it back, the error on restart of said VE2-1 says: arpsend: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is detected on another computer : XX.....

When running 'arping' to that IP from the HW2 node, I now get answers from both machines (mac addresses of HW1 and HW2, HW2 should be the only one as far as I understand). How can I clear this situation so that HW1 does not hold on to that IP? I can't even understand how the HW1 has anything to do with it since the VE2-1 is under HW2. Maybe VPN configurations (OpenSwan) have somehow messed this up?

Pheef, that doesn't make much sense does it? Well if anyone understands and could help I'd appreciate it Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: install error
Next Topic: Template Metadata
Goto Forum: