OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ on Ubuntu Hardy, can't stop containers
OpenVZ on Ubuntu Hardy, can't stop containers [message #32691] Sun, 24 August 2008 14:40 Go to previous message
markusthielmann is currently offline  markusthielmann
I'm trying to get OpenVZ on Ubuntu Hardy to work. I'm using 2.6.24-21-openvz and I'm able to create, start and use containers (both own containers and downloaded ones, testing hardy and CentOS containers).

The problem is: Whenever I try to stop a container via "sudo vzctl stop <ID>", my keyboard stops working and I'm no longer able to start new applications. Applications running will still work, but after a few minutes they start getting unresponsive.

I'm not even able to shut down, since I'm unable to start the shutdown application. vzctl.log and syslog don't show any information besides "VE 123456 : Stopping VE ...". When shutting down via the power key, I'm able to catch a few error messages from openvz, complaining about problems with the network device driver. Unfortunately, I can't find these messages in any log files.

This might be a configuration problem. Does someone has experienced similar problems?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: HowToForge: Run WebVZ 2.0 on Debian
Next Topic: Can I simply create a VE from a running system?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 22:43:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02235 seconds