OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » **SOLVED** DHCP server problem inside centos 5.2 VE
**SOLVED** DHCP server problem inside centos 5.2 VE [message #32094] Mon, 21 July 2008 06:26 Go to previous message
jiadar is currently offline  jiadar
I am having trouble running a DHCP server inside a VE. The host node is Centos 5.2 kernel 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5.028stab053.14 and kernel 2.6.24-ovz005.1 on an x86_64 SMP machine.

Except for DHCP, all other TCP network services I have tested (ssh, http, ping) work to and from the host node and container; and also work to/from any other host on my network and the container. I have not tested any other broadcast services (smb, wins, etc).

My firewall is disabled, iptables shows accept with no rules, SELinux is disabled, and my routes seem to be correct. The guest is also running Centos 5.2 which I created with mach, then modified following the instructions in the wiki. I've tried this with a bridge and without, the same results are obtained. The DHCP packets come into VE0 eth0, but never go to the veth interface, and subsequently never make it inside the container.

I've looked at every post I could find concerning DHCP. I don't think a firewall is blocking things. I don't know if it is a problem with my template, as everything else works great. I would appreciate any help and suggestions.

Attached file contains the specific details, tcpdumps, and other diagnostic evidence.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 July 2008 19:23]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: SLM MODE is in OVZ or only virtuozo?
Next Topic: Is it possible to access eth0 device from container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 22:25:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03131 seconds