OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » WIKI - Shared webhosting - problem with mysql socket
WIKI - Shared webhosting - problem with mysql socket [message #23167] Wed, 14 November 2007 07:15 Go to previous message
tauren is currently offline  tauren
I have a VE running only MySQL. I've shared the mysql.socket file with another VE that is running a web server by following the instructions at: http://wiki.openvz.org/Shared_webhosting

Everything works nicely. I can run the standard mysql client in the webserver VE and connect to the mysql VE. It appears to the webserver VE that mysql is running on localhost.

However, if mysql is restarted, then I get this error when trying to connect from the webserver VE:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

If I go and recreate the link to mysql.sock, then it works again.

Any idea how I can get around this? I don't want to manually have to recreate this link for every VE each time mysql is restarted. And since the restart is in a VE, I don't know how I would automate it either to make the changes in host.

Is this the expected behavior? From the wiki page, it seems like there shouldn't be an issue. But maybe the author hadn't tested this scenario.

Thanks!
Tauren

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: HN-based firewall dns problems
Next Topic: Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 12:41:35 GMT 2024