OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » WORKAROUND - Does AutoFS work in OpenVZ yet?
Re: Does AutoFS work in OpenVZ yet? [message #21910 is a reply to message #21908] Wed, 17 October 2007 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dranch is currently offline  dranch
In my specific case, I have ~100 core developers and QA folk with potentially 1000s of random people from abroad that might need to log into any VPS and it's very valuable to give them access to their home directory. Ninding the static mounts into the various VPSes isn't going to scale and it's a nightmare to manage as people come and go, etc.

Anyway.. following your recommended NFS Wiki link, I meet all the requirements and manual NFS does work within the VPS. Just automounting doesn't. Posted in this thread, it sounds like the use of AMD with a OpenVZ patched vanilla 2.6.18 kernel works. To me, it sounds like a specific issue with autofs, the RHEL kernel flavor of 2.6.18, and at least the 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.028stab045.1 OpenVZ patches.

Looking on the DEV list, there were some specific AutoFS patches
submitted back in February 2007 but I don't know if they are specific to this issue or if they were integrated:

http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=17758&& amp;srch=autofs#msg_17758

--David

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message