OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Godaddy
Re: Godaddy [message #21437 is a reply to message #21431] Tue, 09 October 2007 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Hello.

csharp wrote on Tue, 09 October 2007 08:01

I like to ask , if I choose a basic Dedicated Server , will it be ok to use openVZ?

Well, might be i don't see here some important point, but i can't guess why this might be not ok.
Quote:

I read OpenVZ doc, it seems ,it's
quite straight forward. But I am not sure about
partionning requirments.

We do not require any specific partitioning, at the same time it makes sense to create a dedicated partition for the /vz. This will slightly increase the performance as there would be different journals for system / partition and /vz partition, one more advantage - if due to some reason fs corrupts (power fault or just a driver bug, whatever) this most likely won't get the Hardware Node down and let you fix the issue remotely.

Quote:

Would you recommend Xen or OpenVZ? I am planning to have
2 Dedicated Servers, one with Xen and another with OpenVZ.
But I like to start with one after a few months then set up second one to able to have Virtual Windows server as well.

For a Linux server running different Linux based VEs OpenVZ will give you better density/performance (i don't take the VEs management simplicity into the account here - it's better to try both products and decide for yourself). But if you want to run Windows based VEs, unfortunately you have to use non-OS level virtualization (http://wiki.openvz.org/Introduction_to_virtualization).

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: VLAN in Guest with DHCP
Next Topic: VPS routing with venet0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 23:42:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01464 seconds