OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » 4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help!
icon9.gif  4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help! [message #12431] Sat, 28 April 2007 00:50 Go to previous message
Navid is currently offline  Navid
Hello there,

We are having a Serouise problem with Openvz at the moment, From 2 weeks ago about 4 of our servers started crashing and geeting locked up with NO ERRORS what so ever, Right now this is taking our business down Here are server Specs and they are all running Centos 64Bit :

Dual Xeon CPUs
All 6GB Ram
SCSI Raid 10

I am 100% sure there is no problem with the hardware as some have totally different stuff and its just impossible to have this on that many servers together, We have talked to MANY MANY techs and changed many settings .. All servers are running Hypervm and Lxlabs has told us its TCP sockets getting overloaded so we have done :

# sysctl -w "net.ipv4.tcp_mem= 786432 1048576 1572864"
# echo "net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 786432 1048576 1572864" >> /etc/sysctl.conf

But no different at all, Ok so Servers gets crashed every 12-24 and different hours, No error , we checked with KVM there is no Video , checked all logs not a single strange error, this crashes sometimes ended in failture in our Raid 10 arrays which was fixed with a FCSK ,

As i said this is currently taking down our business and we have spent thousdans hiring techs, getting KVM setup , changing servers and etc etc but Still same problems, I have just mailed Openvz support to see if i can get any help there, Also there is NO High load on the servers when they crash , i have been watching ssh Top on them several times when they crashed ... normal load 1-3 which was nothing for a Dual Xeon .. 0 WA and etc!

EDIT : Yes we have upgraded the kernels 2 Days ago , but 3 crashes since then Sad

Please guys any help would be highly apperciated,
Thank you,

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2007 00:55]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* DNS lookup not working inside the VPS
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Installing Websphere 6.1 in a VPS FAILS due to disk space