OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » X Window System
icon6.gif  Re: X Window System [message #1115 is a reply to message #1093] Wed, 01 February 2006 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
aistis is currently offline  aistis

My experiences trying to install KDE (a long with xorg) into VPS:

--
vzyum 2050 groupinstall "KDE"
[skipped stuff..]
downloading packages..

Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error: file /sbin/nash from install of mkinitrd-4.2.1.6-1 conflicts
with file from package dummy-centos-4-1.0-3.swsoft
--

So i put following following line into [main] section of
/vz/template/centos/4/i386/config/yum.conf:

exclude=mkinit* up2date* firstboot rhn-applet lockdev udev linuxwacom minicom system-config-display system-config-soundcard system-config-network-tui gphoto2 linuxwacom minicom gphoto2 kudzu desktop-printing hal-cups-utils kdegraphics system-config-packages system-config-network

and added "Provides: udev" to dummy.spec file and recompiled vztmpl-centos4 and reinstalled it.
Recreated the cache, created a fresh VPS again and ran vzyum groupinstall..
Packages installed ok. Jumped into VPS, ran vncpasswd and vncserver .. connected with vnc client
and saw a screen with terminal, then i didn't know what to run, so just typed kdesktop Razz

--

So from what i see it looks quite anal. Maybe others could comment on what was not needed in
this "trip" Smile

As for trying to do the same on FC3 VPS: i saw that it removes vzdev and dummy packages,
which in the end breaks VPS so you can't even vzctlenter into it. Have to check that one too or maybe somebody else could do it?

Regards,
Aistis

Aistis Zenkevicius
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: OpenVZ