OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » vzdump snapshot problem and workaround for it
Re: vzdump snapshot problem and workaround for it [message #12094 is a reply to message #12016] Tue, 17 April 2007 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
oleka is currently offline  oleka
Hi there,

Quote:

If I understand correctly from investigating this, I can run:

# pvchange –s 8m

And this will increase the size of each extent, adding capacity, but not actual storage space, to the VG. To get more storage space I would actually have to add an additional PV to the VG, correct?

There does not seem to be a command to increase the number of extents, just the size of each extent. Is that correct?

If I don’t add another PV, will I be able to create another LV in the VG? If so, where would the data live?

Just have to mention to you that fiddling with logical volumes (e.g. changing partition size) can be very dangerous and you have to be absolutely sure what you're doing (there are tons of manuals/how-tos in the Inet). In your case I highly recommend to repartition your HN. More specific, create a separate partition for VZ VPSs and do not allocate all of your disk space (leave say several Gigs unoccupied). This will give you the needed Free PEs.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Debian