OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » How to setup bonding in a VPS?
How to setup bonding in a VPS? [message #11688] Mon, 02 April 2007 16:51 Go to previous message
oviney is currently offline  oviney
Hi Support:

I am attempting to setup bonding in a vps but have come to a halt when attempting to configure the modules, see example below:

<snippet>
Make sure bonding module is loaded when the channel-bonding interface (bond0) is brought up. You need to modify kernel modules configuration file:

# vi /etc/modprobe.conf

alias bond0 bonding
options bond0 miimon=100
</snippet>

I am not sure if I want to install the required package but would like someone to confirm if this is even possible. As I understand it, the vps would have to access the Hardware Node's /proc file system in order for this to work, which according to the design of openvz, appears to be totally restricted, which does makes sense.

Could someone please confirm if it is possible to configure a VPS to use bonding? If it is possible, could someone explain how to work around the issue that a default VPS RHAS server image doesn't contain modprobe (package name mod-utils??)

Also, let me know if you need more information.

Thank you

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* 2.6.18-ovz028stab023.1-smp kernel stopped
Next Topic: Server4you Server and Connecting to the Internet and from the Internet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 10:28:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08596 seconds