OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » HW Node Lockup Issue
HW Node Lockup Issue [message #10711] Mon, 26 February 2007 21:30 Go to previous message
shushry is currently offline  shushry
Have a number of hardware nodes, all configured identically (hardware/OS). Running into a strange problem that has been occurring quite frequently, where the hw node will suddenly stop accepting any kind of tcp connection (ssh, smtp, etc). Existing sessions just freeze up, and even my direct connection to the serial port (system configured to allow com port console login), freezes up.

The freeze up will happen for anywhere from 30 seconds to 15 minutes (or as long as I can tolerate before power-bouncing the box).

This is a high-bandwidth system, but not very heavy in memory or CPU (other than what supports the traffic).

One question - there is alot of inter-vps traffic occurring; for example http to proxy servers and back...upwards of 10-50 mbs. Could the tcp communication amongst virtual servers along the venet0 interface be somehow "overloading" and freezing up the box?

Output of user_beancounters attached.

In general, I have all 63,000+ ports open for connectivity on the system. Result of "cat /proc/net/sockstat" is generally never more than 7000 - 10000 sockets in use.

HW node system specs:

64bit Centos 4.4
4GB Ram (fully utilized per allocation, but no swap dipping)
2.6.18-ovz028test015.1-smp
vzctl version 3.0.13

Any other details I can provide?

Anyone that can solve this gets lunch on me.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* networking with veth: TCP inside VE does not work
Next Topic: *SOLVED* ETH lost Device problem in VPS with Mandriva
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 04:53:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09788 seconds