OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » drbd 0.8 and 2.6.18-028test015
drbd 0.8 and 2.6.18-028test015 [message #10597] Fri, 23 February 2007 13:00 Go to previous message
pshempel is currently offline  pshempel
I am attempting to compile the drbd sources with kernel headers from http://debian.systs.org/.

I am using 2.6.18 AMD64 on Debian etch. I have done clean compiles of the drbd 0.8 on xen as well as virtual server and xen sources without any problems.

I run into a rather strange error that seems to be due to how drbd is setup to get some of its values.

Here is the abbreviated output I get
<cut>
/usr/bin/make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd  modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.18-028test015.1+40-ovz-smp'
  CC [M]  /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_buildtag.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_bitmap.o
In file included from /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_bitmap.c:34:
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_int.h:492: error: 'EXT_UUID_SIZE' undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_int.h:732: error: 'UUID_SIZE' undeclared here (not in a function)
In file included from /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_int.h:752,
                 from /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_bitmap.c:34:
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/linux/drbd_nl.h:32: error: 'SHARED_SECRET_MAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
In file included from /usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_bitmap.c:34:
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_int.h:790: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'drbd_state_t'
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_int.h: In function 'mdev_to_minor':
/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/drbd_int.h:874: error: 'drbd_dev' has no member named 'minor
<cut>

From what I can see, comparing my experiences with compiling this , something is very different in the openvz kernel compared to any of the other vz type systems UML/Xen/Virtual Server, because I have made this compile on all of them.

If someone could point me into the right direction to get this to work I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Philip
  • Attachment: nohup.out
    (Size: 28.33KB, Downloaded 223 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Installing Gnome kills my /dev!
Next Topic: *CLOSED* OpenVZ API?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 03 05:23:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02810 seconds