OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *UPDATED* networking Problem venet / veth
*UPDATED* networking Problem venet / veth [message #10209] Mon, 12 February 2007 17:30 Go to previous message
dasicebaer
Hi, there!

I'm currently setting up a server with ovz028-test015.1-patched kernel and vz*-tools version 3.0.11 with Debian Etch as base for VE0 and VEs. There'll be two VEs, one for the internal network named lanserv (supplying samba, dhcp, etc) and one with the dmz-applications named dmzserv (www, mail, dns).

From what I learned from the wiki, I need veth for programs like samba or dhcp due to the need for incoming broadcasts, which has the disadvantage of being less secure than venet. So I would like to have venet for dmzserv and veth for lanserv.

However, lanserv automatically gets a venet0 at startup in its /etc/network/interfaces. There is no interfaces.template on my system (mentioned in the file), nor a {VEID}.start-file to edit (solved a problem in a previous post) nor do I want to completely disable networking in the /etc/init.d/vz-script (also from a previous post). Any hints where to differentiate the network virtualizations between the VEs?

I would also like to automatically add the appropriate routes on start of lanserv and do not know where (beside building a custom script for that). Anyone already solved that one?

At last I'd like to ask if anyone else has problems of very long lockups (up to three minutes) when starting or shutting down VEs with more than one ipaddress, which I encounter at the moment (might be related to the above problem of having both venet and veth-devices in lanserv). cpu and memusage are completely okay during that time, no unusuably high load from the harddrives either...

Thanks for openvz and for answering in advance! Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 16 February 2007 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Console Messages?
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Time difference between hwnode and vps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 10 10:25:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04721 seconds