OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » modconf
modconf [message #742] Sun, 08 January 2006 14:41 Go to previous message
johan_hammy is currently offline  johan_hammy
I had troubles with setting up Asterisk. While they say there's a bug in their makefile, I'd suspect that the bug wouldn't rear its ugly head if something was different on my VPS.

Here is an IRC log of my quest to have my problems resolved:
<johan_hammy> Can anyone here assist me with a zaptel make install error?
<tzafrir_laptop> johan_hammy, you posted to asterisk-users?
<tzafrir_laptop> note the '[ -f ]' . That is a syntax error, I believe
<johan_hammy> *nods*
<tzafrir_laptop> What version of asterisk?
<johan_hammy> I'm in digest mode (I already get hundreds of e-mails a day), so I wouldn't see any replies for a few hours.
<johan_hammy> 1.2.1
<johan_hammy> I do see a "/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `if [ -n "" ]; then  if [ -f  ]; then mv -f  .bak ; fi;"...  in the previous command executed.
<tzafrir_laptop> johan_hammy, MODCONF is not defined...
<tzafrir_laptop> johan_hammy, what distro do you use?
<johan_hammy> CentOS 4.2 is the host OS, but I'm running OpenVZ for some virtual servers.
<tzafrir_laptop> what kernel version?
<johan_hammy> 2.6.8-022stab050.1
<tzafrir_laptop> do you have ther /etc/modprobe.conf and/or /etc/modprobe.d ?
<tzafrir_laptop> anyway, the workaround is to rem-out the line in the install: target that checks for $(MODCONF) .
<tzafrir_laptop> You don't really need that file.
<johan_hammy> When I locate modprobe, I get /sbin/modprobe.  WHen I check the host OS, I see some other modprobe stuff.
<johan_hammy> okay.  THanks.  Maybe what I'll do is talk to OpenVZ about modprobe, but if they're no help, I'll just comment it out.
<tzafrir_laptop> Simply make sure you run ztcfgsometime  before asterisk is started and after the modules are loaded
<tzafrir_laptop> Anyway, please report a bug in the mantis. It's a buggy part in the makefile
<johan_hammy> Thanks much
<johan_hammy> I've only done a couple Asterisk systems.  THis is my first 1.2.1 build and I decided to go at it on a Virtual Server.  I've had quite a few bumps along the way.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *RESOLVED* veth setup on startup