OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Compatibility OpenVZ 6 and 7 (migration - vzdump/vzmigrate)
Compatibility OpenVZ 6 and 7 [message #52898] Mon, 24 July 2017 13:18 Go to previous message
slrslr is currently offline  slrslr
Hello,

my config: CentOS 6.6 64bit 2.6.32-042stab093.5 , simfs VPS's and i want to move to the server with CentOS 7.x 3.x OpenVZ kernel. (this may work, but i ended up on the server:
Operating System: OpenVZ release 7.0.4
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:virtuozzoproject:vz:7
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-514.16.1.vz7.30.15
)

And duriong vzmigrate the error is:
Quote:
bash: /etc/init.d/vz: No such file or directory
Error: OpenVZ is not running on the target machine
Error: Can't continue migration

How can i work around this please?

There is a script that can migrate the container one at a time: https://openvz.org/Upgrade_script_from_OpenVZ_to_Virtuozzo_7

i was unable to migrate, because it is incompatible. no vzdump at openvz7, vzmigrate says "consider switching to pmigrate utility" which is not present and unsure where to get it. openvz6 vzmigrate does not talk to openvz7. So no vzdump, no vzmigrate (per my knowledge). Script mentioned in previous paragraph probably works, but every other migration failed with errors "Failed to copy data ... terminated" and also it complained about vzquota. 19GB VPS transfer took whole day. 1.4GB VPS 1 hour+. Is there anyone please who knows safe, no error way to migrate with minimum downtime?

Thank You

[Updated on: Fri, 28 July 2017 22:22]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problem with IPTABLES OpenVZ kernel
Next Topic: strange process in ps auxww
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 09:37:33 GMT 2024