OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » cannot login after installing XFCE desktop remotely in Fedora 22 (why can't i login?)
icon4.gif  cannot login after installing XFCE desktop remotely in Fedora 22 [message #52260] Mon, 16 November 2015 18:28 Go to previous message
ura_Soul is currently offline  ura_Soul
i have been configuring a new installation of Fedora 22 on a remote host that i have used for a long while. my existing server is Fedora 20 and i am attempting to upgrade to fedora 22 (on a new server instance).
when i login to the server via putty and install the XFCE desktop environment and x2goserver, all is well - until i reboot the server. once the server has been rebooted i am totally unable to log back in to the server using putty or x2go. i noticed that FirewallD is installed along with XFCE, though i don't know why that is exactly. i did put many hours of research and testing into looking at how i might be being locked out - such as configuring and disabling firewallD and IPTABLES - yet so far i haven't found an answer as to what is occurring.
i have now used the last 3 versions of the fedora 22 openVZ template and they have all yielded the same results.

anyone know?

thanks

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Debian 6 = vzquota + insserv errors
Next Topic: Virt-manager