OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *RESOLVED* veth setup on startup
*RESOLVED* veth setup on startup [message #7294] Tue, 10 October 2006 12:56 Go to previous message
sideshowbob is currently offline  sideshowbob
I'm working on setting up a veth only vps server, running on debian. Following the instructions on the wiki for veth setup, I'm able to get it all working, routing correctly, etc. Now I'm trying to get everything setup automatically at boot and with vzctl start.

I've modified the dists/scripts/debian-add_ip.sh to setup the proper eth0 inside the VE, but I've hit a snag on when to setup the vethX.0 devices in VE0. I don't know if this is by design, but I'm unable to create any vethX.0 devices in VE0 until at least one VE is running. After one is running, I can create all vethX.0 devices I need, but when one isn't running I just get:

# ifconfig veth200.0 0
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
veth200.0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

The vzethdev module is loaded at all times. I notice that I am able to create the venet interface after loading vznetdev, with no vps running -- but not with veth.

This makes it hard to setup vethX.0 on VE0 in a 200.start script, because it doesn't seem to work until the vps is up, and eth0 is setup within it.

Is there a way to setup vethX.0 interfaces on VE0 before vps start? Or perhaps a better way?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 October 2006 04:51] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Checkpoint dump size 512K
Next Topic: modconf
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 23 14:17:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03560 seconds