OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Install problems on dual opteron (64 bits), CentOS 4.4
Install problems on dual opteron (64 bits), CentOS 4.4 [message #7172] Thu, 05 October 2006 20:31 Go to previous message
fgomes is currently offline  fgomes
This is my first message, I'm reading this forum for some months, and I find it very usefull, it solved all problems I had with 32 bit installations I made, but now I have a new 64 bit server, with dual opteron processor where I want to install openvz. I have installed 64 bit CentOS 4.4 without problems, and then install openvz kernel patch:

rpm -ivh ovzkernel-smp-2.6.8-022stab078.21.x86_64.rpm

I got two warning messages (I suppose related to the RAID contoller I am using, 3ware 9550SX, now supported on the CentOS 4.4 kernel, but it seems not supported on openvz kernel patch):
WARNING: No module 3w-9xxx found for kernel 2.6.8-022stab078.21-smp, continuing anyway
WARNING: No module sata_svw found for kernel 2.6.8-022stab078.21-smp, continuing anyway

Then I make the necessary configuration changes on sysctl and rebooted and all worked as expected (I don't know how is it working without the modules for the RAID controler thow).

Then I started installing OpenVZ packages, following OpenVZ user's guide (vzctl, vzquota and vzpkg) and I run into problems... vzpkg depends on vzctl and vzyum, but vzctl is already installed and vzyum installation fails because it depends on cElementTree.so - I saw in other topic that there is a problem with 64 bit dependencies for vzyum. Then I tried to start openvz using /etc/init.d/vz and found that there is no vz script on init.d.
When is the vz script installed in init.d? Is it with the openvz kernel patch? How can it be missing?

Is there any known way of installing full 64 bit openvz kernel patch and tools? I want to have full 64 bit OS on hardware node and on virtual machines.

Can you give me some advice about it?

Thanks!

Fernando

[Updated on: Fri, 06 October 2006 10:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message