OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Dream Request - IO Limiting per process
Dream Request - IO Limiting per process [message #51485] Wed, 25 June 2014 04:34 Go to previous message
bjdea1 is currently offline  bjdea1
Hi,

I really like the iolimit feature you've added recently to OPENVZ as it gives more control over VPS's.

But one BIG thing missing is the ability to set a VPS's process IOLIMIT. I often have VPS's running just a single process that eats up IO bandwidth, e.g. virus scanner or backup process etc. I can now at least keep the rest of the node happy by limiting the single VPS's overall IOLIMIT, however that leaves the single VPS with high loads and having all its other processes severely affected.

I am requesting the ability to set something like a PROCIOLIMIT (process IOLIMIT) which would set the maximum allowed IO bandwidth for any process running within the VPS. That way you could prevent a single process from eating up all the IO bandwidth inside a VPS, thereby allowing other processes to keep running.

Really hope this can be added in future. It sure would really enhance OPENVZ as no other VIRTUALIZATION platform offers this kind of fine tuning.

Deasoft.com Hosting/Software
AutoBillMe.com Billing Automation

[Updated on: Wed, 25 June 2014 04:36]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Caches on 32 kernel
Next Topic: OpenVZ on OVH vRack (Multiple subnet on same IF)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 10:24:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02725 seconds