OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Strange server error (Strange server error)
Strange server error [message #44334] Wed, 30 November 2011 13:49 Go to previous message
mad4solusvm is currently offline  mad4solusvm
Hellow all, I wonder if anyone can help me out here. I have a strange error with my server. Here is the issue I have;

I am running out of space on my SolusVm Master Node, so last night had a new drive put in it. Then I went to shut down the OpenVZ containers I wanted to move to the new drive. I did all the nessesry follow steps.

- Shut the VPS down
- Changed the for example 105.conf file to reflect its new destination
- Then went to move the OpenVZ container to its new home on the new drive

As I started to transfer the directories that I needed to move I got the following error message come up;

Error "Operation not permitted" while copying "/vz/private...pm/sleep.d".

I went back to SolusVM to ask why this would be, There reply was "You will have to shut the vps down first! Some files can't be copied if the vps is online." Of course this was already a step I had taken, so unsure as to why this would be showing me an error. Nothing is supposed to be running in the OpenVZ container as its been shutdown before I even started to edit config files for the VPS.

If this is an issue you have come across before and know a solutions please let me know, as its driving me nuts and I have only 30mb left on the main drive and I really need to move these vps's over onto their new drive.

Would be very greatfull of all advice and help offered.

Regards
Dean

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message