OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Ploop. Deleted files from container, no free space
Ploop. Deleted files from container, no free space [message #51900] Wed, 25 February 2015 12:54 Go to next message
hostenlinea is currently offline  hostenlinea
Dear OpenVZ friends,

I am facing a issue with ploop. When user in a container delete files, in hardware node this space is still full, so the filesystem image is not being resided automatically.

I have search arround this issue, at it seems some people recomend apply a "manual" resizing, for example see:

http://serverfault.com/questions/631892/dealing-fixing-the-p loop-issue-with-openvz-relclaiming-lost-space

I donĀ“t know if really is a bug that needs to be solved (i am running the latest ovz kernel and tools) or well a (bad) limitation.

In the case "manual" resizing required for each container image, it will be nice to know the way people do (maybe a daily cron with bash scripts commands or similar) Smile

Centos 6.6
vzctl version 4.8
Linux 2.6.32-042stab104.1

Thanks!
Re: Ploop. Deleted files from container, no free space [message #51907 is a reply to message #51900] Fri, 06 March 2015 22:54 Go to previous message
spoke2u
what about simfs compared to ploop I had issues and changed.

is there a reason why ploop?

Does not sound like its the best solution for you maybe use simfs I had data loss so I made the change and from some quick searches I started to notice I am not alone.

Is anyone even using this anymore?

--
I am unable to see
Previous Topic: Selecting the network card
Next Topic: OpenVZ HN became sluggish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:49:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01688 seconds