OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Copy file from VE0 into mounted VE with Ploop
Copy file from VE0 into mounted VE with Ploop [message #51721] Fri, 24 October 2014 05:05 Go to next message
Xandrian is currently offline  Xandrian

Hello,

I have serveral VEs running. The old ones have SimFS where it is no problem to copy a file from the VE0 to a VE when the virtual machine is running.

cp /file/from/master /vz/private/XXX/path/into/ve

That works for me over a view years. Now I have some machines with ploop images and here I cannot do this. I read the documentation but the "ploop copy" command only copies the complete ploop image. The VE itself has no SSH, FTP or somethink like that so that I can use this. To manage the machine I use the "vzctl exec" command.

Is there a possibility to copy files into a running VE with a ploop image? I only found it on a stopped machine where I can mount the ploop.

Thanks and regards,
Tobias
Re: Copy file from VE0 into mounted VE with Ploop [message #51725 is a reply to message #51721] Sat, 25 October 2014 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jetfirenetworks is currently offline  jetfirenetworks

||'s switched it up on us w/ Ploop devices.

# cp /file/on/master /vz/root/$CTID/path/to/container/
Re: Copy file from VE0 into mounted VE with Ploop [message #51728 is a reply to message #51725] Mon, 27 October 2014 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xandrian is currently offline  Xandrian

Hi jetfirenetworks,

thanks! Yes, that seems to work Smile

Regards, Tobias
Re: Copy file from VE0 into mounted VE with Ploop [message #51730 is a reply to message #51721] Tue, 28 October 2014 14:51 Go to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
Well, it might work but it's far from safe. I'm just mentioning this for the sake of anyone else looking for similar information and who might be unaware of the implications.
Previous Topic: Ubuntu 14.04 with Linux kernel 2.6.32-6-pve
Next Topic: Centos 6.4 vzctl start fail and error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:34:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01250 seconds