OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » SIOCGMIIPHY on vr1 failed: Operation not supported
SIOCGMIIPHY on vr1 failed: Operation not supported [message #36042] Thu, 14 May 2009 01:51 Go to next message
althalus is currently offline  althalus
I have been playing around with RRPD tool for linux.

I tried to use the -m flag and received the following error:

SIOCGMIIPHY on vr1 failed: Operation not supported

Question 1: Is this just a limit of veth devices?
Question 2: If the answer to 1 is "no", what information do the kind souls here need to help me dig up the answer?
Re: SIOCGMIIPHY on vr1 failed: Operation not supported [message #36071 is a reply to message #36042] Tue, 19 May 2009 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hi,

what is RRPD tool?
Try stracing the tool to find out the problem.
Re: SIOCGMIIPHY on vr1 failed: Operation not supported [message #36078 is a reply to message #36071] Tue, 19 May 2009 23:14 Go to previous message
althalus is currently offline  althalus
Thanks, but decided not to waste time persuing this one. It implements virtual router redundancy protocol in user-space. The tool has the same issue on physical devices as it does using it on openvz, so it's not an openvz issue. My (unfounded) assumption is that it's just trying to make use of something that's been deprecated somewhere along the line in the linux kernel.

Was just after a simple way to play with redundancy, and the vrrpd tool looked the simplest for what I wanted.
Previous Topic: VZmigration error
Next Topic: Add route when venet0 comes up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 05:18:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04148 seconds