OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » 64bit template create errors
64bit template create errors [message #31531] Thu, 03 July 2008 07:59 Go to next message
imknight is currently offline  imknight
Not sure if this is a bug or an issue with something else.

I used the setx64 guide/script to do the installation and have gone through manually to confirm that all changes were made.

However on the use of "vzpkgcache -f XXX" i get the following errors when it gets to the install stage:

Running Transaction
Installing: libgcc ####################### [ 1/71]
could not open ts_done file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/vz/root/100001/var/lib/yum/transaction-done.2008-07-03.09: 54.47'
Installing: setup ####################### [ 2/71]
could not open ts_done file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/vz/root/100001/var/lib/yum/transaction-done.2008-07-03.09: 54.47'
Installing: filesystem ####################### [ 3/71]

etc etc etc

I found that adding:
mkdir -p $VE_ROOT/var/lib/yum/ || abort "Cant create /var/lib/yum"

after line 153 seemed to do ths trick to fix this.

Dont know if this is normal or not - didnt happen on other 64bit machines that i have set this up on - so maybe a recent change in something else? (or i broke something somewhere else!)

Re: 64bit template create errors [message #32265 is a reply to message #31531] Tue, 29 July 2008 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imknight is currently offline  imknight
Just as an update i have also had this on other servers and had also other users contact me regarding which file to update as i forgot to list it in the post Smile

The file this change was made too was /usr/share/vzpkg/cache-os

(may vary if you arent using centos on the server node i guess)
Re: 64bit template create errors [message #32277 is a reply to message #31531] Wed, 30 July 2008 03:50 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Since vzpkgcache is broken by default on some setups... and the fixes are pretty complicated / messy... I prefer to just use pre-created OS Templates. I don't use vzyum and just use yum inside of the container.

Sometimes the pre-created OS Templates are a little dated... but it is very easy to create a temporary container and install all of the updates. You can even install any additional software you'd like and then turn that container into a new OS Template. I'll not go into the details here but if you have any specific questions about the process, feel free to ask.

I realize it is hard for OpenVZ to fix this because it requires changes to distro packages... and having to offer alternative / replacement packages for various distributions would be a maintenance nightmare.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Previous Topic: OpenVZ on top of UML?
Next Topic: Vmware to openvz ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:57:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01323 seconds